minutes- remus

Waking up in Remus' arms was an incredible feeling. The boy had a way of enveloping you completely within his warm embrace and it was both suffocating and comforting and you'd never get tired of it. You'd never get used to it either. No matter how many times you woke up with his face but inches from yours, his soft little snores, his large hands around your waist or his messy brown tendrils of hair scattered everywhere- no matter how many times, it still had you swooning in pure unconditional bliss.

You watched him carefully as he started to stir, slowly waking up in your grasp, the finger you ran over his forehead probably helping in the fact. A smile already fell onto your lips as you took in the state of him, the arms surrounding your waist tightening slightly. He hummed at the movement of your fingers and offered you a tired smile.

"Morning," He whispered with a hoarse voice, clearly not fully awake yet as he peered his eyes open slowly to meet yours, lips forming a lazy grin as he took in a sight that much resembled his own, messy hair and all. "Hmm," He hummed, hand drifting from your waist up to your cheek where his thumb danced slowly. "My little dove, you look far too beautiful for the time of day," You laughed softly at the comment.

"I don't know, Rem," You paused as you took him in, watching his eyes close momentarily before opening again, attention on you and you alone. "I think you look far too handsome in general," He was the one to laugh lightly that time, nuzzling his head into the pillow as your hand slipped to his chest. "What would you like to do today?" You asked after a second, nuzzling into your own pillow as he allowed his eyes to close again, releasing a content breath at the feeling of your hand moving across his scars nimbly.

"Nothing," He mused, and you raised a brow despite his closed eyes.

Remus Lupin would not survive a lazy day. On Saturdays' he rewarded the both of you a little freedom from his routine, but even then, the boy refused to do nothing. Whether he was reading a book from cover to cover, experimenting with new tea flavors he purchased, secretly revising his course material or maybe convincing you to watch his friends practice quidditch which was almost always just a ploy to get you some sunlight- he would certainly not sit around and do nothing.

"Nothing, huh?" You mused in return, eyes drifting over his lovely features as you could sense the boy edging on falling asleep once again. "Rem," You whispered, gently moving a little closer, his lips tilted into a smile, hand that held a solid position on your cheek, now dropping to your neck.

"Yes, dove," You melted at the nickname, enjoying the way it sounded with his tired voice, lazy, comfortable even, like coming home.

"We need to get up eventually, Rem," You explained, and Remus opened his eyes again, looking past you this time to the windows where the bright sunlight drifted into the dorm, drenching every corner of it with a golden glow.

"We do," He agreed, yet making no move at all to do so.

"We need to be productive too, or has my boyfriend forgotten himself?" Your tone was light, mocking him playfully as the timid behavior made you feel utterly intoxicated.

"Your boyfriend, simply wishes to savor every single minute he can have you like this," He repositioned his hand again, making a quick move of pulling you onto his pillow with him, noses practically touching as he watched you wrap your hands around his neck. "I would spend the rest of my life in this bed if it meant I get to be this close to you," He offered with an innocent sparkle in his eyes, happily watching you attempt to hide a little blush. "Is that too much to ask of my little dove?"

"No," You answered far too quickly, the boy not even trying to disguise his amusement, your fingers fiddling with the hair in his neck as his slid back to your waist.

"No," He repeated and lent forward, kissing the tip of your nose quickly, already suspecting the little giggle the gesture emitted, scrunching your nose as his body filled with a loving warmth, that sound being enough to fill his entire life with bliss. "I love you, Y/n," He stated when you stopped, suddenly completely awake. "I don't want to miss the minutes," He offered, puzzling you slightly. "I don't want to miss another minute where I could've been at your side but wasn't."

"You won't," You promised, leaning forward as well, kissing him quickly on the lips, forehead against his. "You have all of my minutes, Rem. For the rest of our lives, my every minute is yours," You paused, kissing him again, just barely longer than before.

"And your hours?" He questioned and you nodded. "Days? Weeks? Years? Decades"

"I am yours, Remus Lupin, for every measure of time that they've created," You smiled at the boy, making sure his eyes were locked with yours before you continue. "I am yours."

"And I am yours," He assured you in return and you nodded against him. "My dove," He whispered, and you smiled, happily allowing him to hold you for as long as he deemed needed.