his little songbird- sirius

"I am losing my mind," Sirius notes, straitening out his tie as he falls onto the sofa, the rest of the marauders sharing a look before joining him.

"So, they're not a good singer?" James asks with a soft grin, amused by his friend's frustration.

"No, they've got the voice of an angel, just wish I didn't have to hear it twenty-four seven." He explains, paying no mind to the soft chuckles of his friends as he rests his head against the back of the sofa, eyes pointlessly focused on the ceiling. "This morning they gave me a five-minute performance in which they explained in immense detail the process of cleaning their dorm."

"Have you tried finding them yet?" Remus asks, pulling some chocolate from his pocket, going to work on unwrapping it while he waits for an answer.

"Finding who?" You ask as you enter the Gryffindor common room, smiling brightly as the boys turn to see you, Sirius lifting his head with a lopsided grin at the sound of your voice. "Evening, boys," You offer, ruffling a hand through Peter's hair as you make your way towards the sofa.

"Hello darling," Sirius greets, changing his position to make room for you. "You eavesdropping again?" He questions playfully, smile only growing when you sit down next to him, draping your legs over his as you've done countless times before.

"Only on the last part," You admit with a shrug, happily accepting the piece of chocolate that Remus holds out for you, the boys watching your every move in amusement. "So, who are you looking for, Siri?"

"His soulmate," Peter replies almost immediately, clearly missing the silent threat being emitted by Sirius' glare, James and Remus releasing a sigh when you turn towards the raven-haired boy.

"You've started hearing them?" You ask, voice calm as you look at him, though feeling the complete opposite. The boy in question already unknowingly owning far too many pieces your heart, the idea of losing him to some fated partner making the remaining pieces clench together in worry. Sirius nods slowly, eyes searching yours for a reaction. "That's exciting," You note, a rehearsed smile meeting your lips as you take a small bite from the chocolate in your hands.

"It is," He replies, your mind too preoccupied with slight disappointed to notice that his tone matched yours, Sirius not exactly fond of the possibility that this soulmate could be anyone other than you.

"So, how was your day, love?" Remus asks after a second, the atmosphere in the room falling slightly.

"Good," You shrug again, only briefly meeting Sirius' gaze when he absentmindedly starts fiddling with the hems of your socks, fingers slipping slightly and coming into contact with your ankle, the small touch practically setting you ablaze. "It was my turn to clean our dorm, so I spent the whole morning doing that ," You note and the boy next to you pauses his motions to look at you. "It was ridiculously boring though, even made a little song about it to make it pass sooner," You explain and raise a brow when all four boys look back at you, strange expressions on their faces as they do. "What?"

"Nothing," Sirius says, and you miss the slight glare he gives the boys, silently begging them not to be so obvious. "You're just adorable is all," he says, squeezing your ankle lightly as your cheeks flush. "Eat your chocolate," He commands with a smile, and you shake your head at the strange behavior, complying still as you subconsciously start humming the same song from earlier, the action causing the largest smile to dance across Sirius' lips- seems like fate was on his side for once.

"Hmm," Remus hums leaning towards Sirius. "Voice of an angel indeed," He whispers, smiling too as James and Peter simply watch you.

"My little songbird," Sirius notes happily, and you look up to meet his eyes, clearly unaware of his sudden revelation, but smiling back anyway before going back to humming your song.