eyes off you- sirius

Sirius had already gotten an earful that morning from his band members, was already equipped with about a hundred reasons why this little favour would be extremely damaging for his reputation if it were to get out and he was very much aware, but hell, he couldn't care less even if he tried. He could already hear your voice as he made his way down the school hallway, little giggles following your instructions as he had to suppress the need to clutch his heart at the sweet sound.

Music time was your favourite part of the week, you loved making it a fun experience for the little humans to appreciate and look forward to as well, so when you rather bashfully told Sirius that you wanted to play them one of his songs and couldn't pick one- he had no real choice other than to offer to come to play one for them in person. He had done it before, of course, in fact when he was still playing in empty bars and washed-up restaurants, his favourite place to play was right there on the alphabet carpet- that never changed, never would really if only he had the chance and the time, which was why he was all but ecstatic to be doing it again.

You were perched up on one of the little wooden chairs, one foot keeping you steady while the other rested against the top of the bookshelf as you hung the rainbow paintings your kids had done this week onto the wall, still completely engaged in their conversation and excited musings. Sirius was in awe, always was when he saw you like this, in your natural habitat, he'd say- you were most at home in these four walls surrounded by your little monsters, and he loved having the opportunity to see it.

"Teachi," one of the little voices noted tugging lightly on your skirt, being quietly scolded by her friends for messing with your balance. "Mister Teacher is here," she explained with a little roll of her eyes, waving at the man in question with a sweet smile.

At the mention of his name, you were quick to turn around, slightly stumbling out of position as a smile not very different from hers fell onto your lips, not quite being able to contain your excitement as he stood leaning against the doorframe, one hand holding his guitar in place while the other was tucked loosely into his pants pocket.

"Did someone order a rockstar?" he smirked innocently, stepping into the room when you were guided down by the munchkins below you, little demands to be careful and declarations of assistance surrounding you.

"A rockstar?" you played along, a sort of skip to your step as you sauntered towards him. "Whatever would my parents say," you giggled, allowing him a quick kiss on your forehead before stealing the hand from his pocket to guide him to his place.

"The boys send their love," he noted, eyes lovingly drifting over your figure as you shook your head, scoffing lightly as you habitually accepted a bunch of hugs on the way to your desk, shooing the kids to the carpet before picking up a pile of pages, one of which had his name written in bright pink attempted letters. "What are those?"

"Love letters," you shrugged, a hand falling down by demand when the shyest of your class leaned against your leg with a soft groan. "Fan mail," you corrected, and he smiled, looking back to where everyone was eagerly waiting for him. "They've been asking for you all day, could barely keep them busy," you informed him with a playful look of exasperation, though truly the idea made your heart happy, because how could it not, this big shot rockstar of yours being here in a little public school kindergarten classroom all because he loved you- it was insanity, utterly, drive you mad, lovesick behaviour and boy were you suffering from it too.

"Only them?"

"Not at all," your cheeks warmed up at that, that same bashful look he'd become rather accustomed to flashing through your eyes, making his heart ache at the idea that he couldn't do much more than smile back at you at that second, he would be sure to kiss you silly the first chance he got.

"Well, I shouldn't leave them waiting any longer, should I?" he suggested and you squealed softly, excitedly leading the girl at your side to join the group, sitting in the middle as they piled around you, eyes full of wonder purely looking at you and Sirius wasn't quite sure they had any care for his goofy big figure standing in front of them despite what you told him, attention solely on you as you explained what they should do while he sang- he couldn't blame them, if he was given the choice, he'd never take his eyes off you either.