Friend Level: Slushy Provider

The Halloween dance had been Friday night. It was now 2 pm on Saturday and Finley hadn't heard anything about how it had gone. Well that wasn't completely true. There should be a little side note to that— she hadn't heard anything from her friends. On Instagram she had seen numerous postings of friends hanging out and posing in their costumes. And of course the infamous video of Aisha that Yasmine had posted at the dance. That girl was a real... piece of work. Seriously who is that mean to another person? All Aisha had done was eat some snacks and she framed her as a pig. Honestly Yasmine and everyone else who made fun of the girl were the real idiots. Aisha was eating free food, so what? Do you know how many college kids would kill for free food? Aisha wasn't a pig, she was a genius opportunist.

Her phone buzzed and lit up with a new text message, effectively pulling her out of her thoughts. She unlocked her phone and opened it up.

Miguel 🕷
Hey

Finley
What's up?

Miguel 🕷
Nothing much. You?

Finley
Kinda bored. How was
the dance?                    .

The dots appeared on the left of her screen, signaling that Miguel was typing. And then they disappeared. Finley waited. They finally appeared again and a few seconds later the text appeared.

Miguel 🕷
Kyler and his friends
kind of jumped me

Finley
Are you okay??

Miguel 🕷
Yeah I'm fine just a little
bruised. My mom won't
let me do karate anymore
tho ☹️

Finley
That sucks. Do you want me
to come over?                        .

Miguel 🕷
If you want to. I'm not
doing much

He sent her his address and Finley headed out, taking the bus to get there.

On the way she made a pit stop at a convenience store and grabbed a slushy for herself and Miguel. She walked up to his apartment and knocked twice. The door squeaked open and Finley's lips parted in surprise as she saw the boy in front of her.

Bruises spotted his face and a bandaid was covering a cut just above his left eyebrow. A nasty black eye was forming around his left eye, it wasn't swollen shut, but it was starting to turn yellow in some places.

"Uh..." Finley started, but couldn't think of what to say other than the obvious that he looked like crap. Instead she extended one of the slushees to him. "I got you a slushy."

He chuckled as he took the cup from her before gesturing for her to come in. The apartment was on the smaller side but there was still a kitchen with cluttered counter space and a 4-person dining table in front of her. To the left was a living room with a small brown loveseat against the wall, and a red couch that faced a tv. In between the 2 rooms, a hallway led back to what looked like would be 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.

The door clicked shut as Miguel closed it behind the girl. "Sorry, I know it's not much."

He gestured around the apartment, but Finley shook her head. "No, it's nice. Very homey."

Miguel cracked a smile. "Everyone knows that's code for cluttered."

"Cluttered? No. Lived in, however, very much so." She teased.

"Well I would ask if you wanted something to drink but..." He lifted his slushy in the air.

"Well Ms. Diaz certainly raised a gentleman."