The Moment of Truth

Friday's. They are glorious days that are a gift from God, bringing on the weekend and a much needed break from school, like a little slice of Heaven...

Except today. Today was about to suck.

Finley had just gotten her lunch and was walking towards their table. Everyone was already sitting, and Finley took note of how Yasmine had Moon pulled into a side hug, her hand rubbing the brunette's shoulder. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she tried to figure out what would have caused her to have such a reaction. Had Piper broken up with her? Finley was about to ask what was wrong, when she realized that everyone at the table, aside from Moon, was fixing her with a glare. As she glanced around the circle table, she took in the hatred from the Miyagi-Dos, the absolute disgust on Sam's face, and the mix of hatred and betrayal on Demetri's face.

"What'd I miss?" Finley looked at them, eyebrows raised, total confusion on her face.

"I always knew you were a lying piece of scum, but this is a new low." Sam snapped, her arms crossing over her chest.

What, the actual, heck? Sure she and Sam had never been best of friends, but she hadn't ever been this pissed at her before. They were always just on neutral ground, which Finley suspected was due in large part to her friendship with Miguel. It was Chris who spoke next from the other side of the table.

"After everything he's done... you're a traitor."

Finley's brow pinched together as she looked at him like he was insane. "What are you talking about?"

She looked to Demetri, hoping for some clue as to what they were all going on about. He slid his phone on the table so that it was closer to her and she could see what was causing the table to attack her. On the screen was a Facebook post from... Mrs. Moskowitz. Of course he followed her. The picture was of her sitting on the couch with Hawk as they watched A New Hope, and the caption read: So grateful for the friends that come into our lives.

Finley felt her stomach sink slightly. It looked bad, she knew that, especially to Demetri. Her brown eyes lifted to look at the boy on her left.

"Seriously, Finley? He breaks my arm and you go over and hang out with him?" The anger in his voice was palpable, but hurt was tinging his words.

"I know, it's just-"

"No." He shook his head at her. "I don't care what twisted reasoning you came up with to justify this."

"Just let me explain." Finley matched his intensity, but she wasn't begging him.

"You know what he did to me, to all of us," He gestured around the table, but his gaze never left her. "And you don't care. So I'm done caring about you."

Finley's face went blank in shock, and when she spoke, it was barely audible. "What?"

"I think you should find somewhere else to sit." Demetri's eyes finally left her as he reached back across and took his phone back.

"Yeah, Hawk's got an open seat next to him. You're already sleeping with the enemy, you might as well sit with him."

Finley's gaze drifted over to Nate who was glaring at her. It seemed impossible for such a small boy to have that much hate it him. Her jaw ticked and she swallowed hard as she glanced back to Demetri. A comment like that and part of her was hoping he would stand up for her, clarify that that wasn't the truth. But he kept his mouth shut and Finley realized she was completely alone. She sucked in her lips, her head bobbing as she slid her foot backwards.

She was doing her best to not just bite his head off. If he would just listen to her, give her a chance to explain, then she knew he'd understand. But he didn't. Just like Hawk, he was caught up in the karate drama and was letting his friends dictate his actions and feelings a little more than he should. But Finley was too pissed to play understanding friend right now. So she snapped, first at Demetri, then Nate, and then Sam.