Beach Party Pt. 1

It was a Friday night, Finley was a high schooler, she had some friends, and all of this adds up to a party. After a lot of questions, and some omission of details, Finley's mom had agreed that she could go to the beach to hang out with her friends.

Aisha had actually been the one to reach out to Finley and ask her to come to the party, if not only to stand with her friends to stick it to Yasmine, but to be there for Miguel. The poor dude was convinced Sam was cheating on him with some guy he had seen eating dinner with her family. Plus the fact that Sam kept dodging having Miguel meet her family. Honestly Finley was a little confused by her behavior, because it seemed like she was really into Miguel and yet she didn't seem to want to let him into her life.

Regardless of that relationship drama, Finley was geared up and ready to go. Anna would be driving her to the party, and then afterwards they were going to have a sleepover at Anna's house. One, they hadn't had a sleepover in forever, and two, Anna was dying to meet the people that Finley always talked about.

So there they were, currently walking down the embankment towards the little section of beach that the Cobra Kais had claimed as their own. Their feet shuffled sideways down the surprisingly steep embankment, with Finley keeping her balance to ensure that the plate in her hands did not drop. Her mom had made chocolate peanut butter cup fudge for her to contribute to the party, and Finley was not about to let the delicious pyramid topple over and fall into the sand.

"I swear if you trip and drop that fudge..."

"Hey it's not my fault you decided to be friends with a clumsy person."

Finley's gaze did not leave the plate of fudge, but she knew there was a sly grin on Anna's face. She was focused entirely on walking sideways down the hill, her feet criss-crossing each other with each step- a trick she had learned from watching Bear Grylls.

"I'm only friends with you because of your mom's superior baking skills. You drop that fudge, you're dead to me."

"Wow not even just 'not friends' anymore, straight up dead?"

Anna glanced over at Finley, a completely serious look on her face. "I would kill for your mom's fudge. So yes, if you drop that fudge, I will personally kill you myself."

"Awww." Finley finally looked over at her friend as they had reached the bottom of the hill. "You care enough about me to do it yourself."

They made their way towards the food table so Finley could put the fudge down, although not before Anna took two pieces- she would claim it was really only one, not two pieces sticking together. While her friend stood there eating the fudge, Finley began scanning the party looking for Miguel, but her eyes couldn't help but catch on the blue mohawk. A small smile began to make its way onto her face as she saw him laugh at something the kid across from him in a Cobra Kai shirt said. Beside her, Anna noticed her friend's change in expression from resting murder face to genuine happiness. Her eyes followed Finley's sightline and saw a boy with a blue mohawk.

"Wait... is that Eli?!" Anna looked at her friend, and the blush that came across her cheeks was all the confirmation she needed. "No, okay the guy you sent me a picture of was a cute little nerd. That guy- that guy is hot. No wonder you like him."

Finley sent her friend a glare. She hated the term hot, it was just something that had always rubbed her the wrong way. She let her gaze drift back to Hawk who was now alone and taking a sip from his solo cup. Suddenly she felt a hand pushing her from behind and she whipped her head back to Anna.

"You're introducing me to him."

"No. Noooo please don't make me do this, I can't go over there."

"You can do this." Anna said in her ear. "You guys are friends, meaning he likes you to some degree, who cares about anything else."