What's Star Wars?

It was the seventh period of the day which meant only one more class left and Monday would be done. It also meant study hall for Finley, and somehow Miguel, Demetri, and Eli all also had study hall this period. They had agreed to meet up in the library to just hang and work on homework together.

Her teacher was always slow with getting kids signed out to go to the library, so she was the last one there. Meaning she was stuck sitting next to Demetri. He and Miguel sat on the long end of the table, while her and Eli sat on the ends. The boys were currently discussing something about Star Wars, but Finley had tuned them out and was focused on her homework.

"Finley what do you think?"

Hearing her name, she snapped out of her bubble and glanced up at Miguel who had spoken. "About what?"

"The Last Jedi. Was it good or bad?"

"Uhh..."

She trailed, unsure of how to break it to the geek squad in front of her. However Demetri butted in again before she had a chance.

"There is nothing redeemable about that movie. It's a disgrace to the Star Wars franchise. There were no ties to any of the earlier movies. It was like the writers had never even seen the original movies!"

As the boy spoke, he glanced between the people on either side of him obviously trying to convince both of them of his point of view. However there was no need to sway Finley. After he finished his little rant, all 3 boys were looking expectantly at the girl sitting with them.

"Soooo. Funny story." Finley laid her pencil on the notebook in front of her as she prepared for the onslaught of disbelief that, from previous experience with Anna and Belle, she knew was coming. "I've never actually seen Star Wars."

Dead silence.

Mouths fallen slightly open.

Frozen in shock.

And then it was broken. "You've never seen Star Wars?"

The blue-eyed boy across from her looked like a part of him had just died at the thought that someone had never seen the cultural phenomenon.

Finley shook her head. "Trust me, my best friends hate me for it too. But I don't know, I just never got around to it I guess."

"What kind of sociopath has never seen Star Wars?"

Finley sent the brown-haired boy beside her a look. But a voice interrupted any sarcastic comment she had, and she found herself looking across the table again.

"What do you know about it?"

"Uhh, well," Finley took a deep breath in, trying to think of anything she had retained from her friends and family talking about it. "I know some names. Like Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, I think a guy named Anakin, Princess Leia- she's got the weird hair buns, Darth Vader, Chewie- the tall brown thing who makes the noise-"

"Wookie." Demetri muttered under his breath, but Finley ignored him.

"Yoda the wise old dude, and uhhh, oh, the Death Star. Which is always destroyed and I only know that cause of Spiderman homecoming."

Miguel was gaping at her. "So you don't know any plot lines?"

Her gaze shifted to him momentarily and she shrugged. "I never understood any of what people were saying so I don't think I retained that much. Oh except this comedy group I watched pointed out that two siblings kiss, but that's about all I know."

"Well you have to watch them." Eli blurted out causing all eyes to turn to him.

His hand unconsciously lifted to his face to cover his lip. Demetri sensed his friend's discomfort and jumped in, in an attempt to save him.