Ice Cold

Finley walked in to Applebee's, her eyes scanning the early dinner crowd for Miguel. He had texted her that a group of them were heading there after practice that day, and specifically pointed out that Moon was going so it wasn't a Cobra thing. Finley knew what he was doing, but she was grateful for it. She had been a little busy with stuff so she hadn't had much time to hang out with any of them recently. Her eyes quickly found a bright red mohawk and her eyebrows raised. Well that was new. She didn't see Miguel anywhere so she headed towards where Aisha and Moon were sitting with some other girl.

"Hey." She smiled at Aisha as she slid into the seat next to her.

The girl smiled back at her. "Hey. Haven't seen you in awhile, how's it going?"

Finley ignored the stare she was getting from the girl across from her and focused on Aisha. "Pretty good. Just busy with the dogs and work mostly. You?"

"Just kickin' butt at Cobra Kai."

"Well someone's gotta keep Miguel in line." Finley grinned at the girl. "Where is he by the way?"

"I think he just ran to the bathroom, he should be back soon though." Aisha popped a French fry in her mouth.

"Cool cows."

Moon giggled and Finley looked over at her. "That is still so weird."

"Hey just wait until you start saying it." Finley pointed a finger at the girl.

"Oh I did." Moon leaned on the table slightly so she was closer to Finley. "Hawk looked at me like I was crazy. But once I told him you came up with it he just laughed and said 'that tracks'."

A soft smile appeared on Finley's face for a moment before she wiped it off and gestured behind her. "Are you responsible for the new red he's got going on?"

"Oh no." Moon laughed shaking her head. "That was all him, wanted to try a new look. I like it though, it's bold."

Finley flicked her eyebrows. "That it is."

For the first time there was a break in the conversation, and the new girl spoke up. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Oh right! You guys haven't met yet." Aisha sat up straighter as she realized and quickly introduced them. "Tory this is Finley, Finley this is Tory. She just joined Cobra Kai a little while ago."

"Very cool. Nice to meet you." Finley offered the girl a small smile.

"Are you in Cobra Kai?"

Finley let out a sharp laugh and shook her head. "No, definitely not part of the karate craziness. I'll leave that to you guys."

Her brown eyes drifted to Aisha with a look and the girl smiled, rolling her eyes. "We are not crazy."

"Hey Fin." She snapped her head around and was surprised at how close Miguel was to her, he placed his hand on the back of her chair. "Glad you could make it."

"How was practice?"

"Pretty good. Except Tory cheated and swept my legs out from under me."

Finley turned her head to look at the girl who was gaping at Miguel in disbelief, but humor was written clear across her face. "I did not cheat! You're just mad cause you fell flat on your back."

Miguel hummed before shaking his head. "No, I'm pretty sure you cheated."

The girl sent him a playful glare before she grabbed an ice cube from her water and threw it at the boy. A move that would have been epic, but was completely overshadowed by the fact that Miguel freaking caught it. Tory's mouth fell slightly open as she stared at the smirking boy.