Karate K.O.

No.

No, she wasn't going to go to karate practice on Monday. However, Aisha had invited her to hang out after practice at noon. So Finley showed up ready to hang out with her friends, and noticed some kids standing outside. She shrugged it off, they must have been there for the class after theirs.

"Hey Finley."

She turned around and came face to face with Aisha. "Hey. Where we going?"

"About that." Aisha looked a little embarrassed.

Finley tilted her head slightly, confused. Did something come up? If they had to cancel that was fine, she would've preferred knowing before she got all the way here, but it's fine. But that wasn't it.

"Hey Fin!"

She turned around to see Miguel walking towards her, Hawk by his side. Hawk had his permanent smirk on his face, but so did Miguel. What the heck was happening?

"Okay, what's going on?"

"Your first karate lesson." Miguel grinned at her.

Finley rose her eyebrows, and a scoff escaped her lips. "Oh you have got to be kidding me. Was this your plan all along?"

Miguel shook his head, a small laugh escaping him. "Oh no, I'm not the one behind this plan."

Her gaze turned to Aisha expectantly. The girl held up her hands in surrender.

"Don't look at me."

Finley rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Don't admit you're a bunch of scheming punks."

The group couldn't help but laugh at her frustration. It was a little annoying, but seeing Miguel smile again made it worth it.

"Come on, it's just one practice." Miguel said smiling at her.

Aisha nudged her. "And there's a whole bunch of other newbies."

"Unless of course you're too chicken."

Finley turned her gaze to Hawk with an 'oh really?' look. "Yeah, no. I don't do the whole peer pressure thing."

"Come on Fin, please? Just give it a try?"

Finley looked over at him, and his puppy eyes, and sighed heavily. She was already here. And she was kind of curious about it. Couldn't hurt to try right?

"Fine. One time, and then we hang out after."

"Deal."

"Finally, another girl in Cobra Kai." Aisha grinned at her.

"Bout time you joined up." Hawk grinned at her, slapping her on the back before heading into the dojo.

Miguel gave her a nod and also headed into the dojo, with Aisha and Finley following closely behind. Their eyes widened as they walked into the dojo and saw a black smoke stain running up one of the walls, and an empty space on the wall where a mirror should have been hanging.

"What the heck happened?" Miguel questioned, his brows furrowed.

"Looks like Sensei threw a party." Aisha said smiling.

"Must have been pretty sick if fire got involved." Hawk chuckled looking around.

The other students piled into the dojo and Finley shuffled awkwardly away from the door. Miguel glanced over at her while Hawk and Aisha went to go put on their gis.

"Hey, you good?"

"Yeah." Finley nodded, taking a breath. "All good."

"Look you don't have to be nervous. I mean I know Sensei can be a little intimidating at first, but he's-"