Chapter 15: The Betrayal (EDITED)

"Hatred is rage; Rage carries you away, and he who pours out vengeance runs the risk of tasting a bitter draught." - Alexandre Dumus

Alessandra's POV

It's been two days since that incident with Sheena. And, my head still reeling with her words, and my brain won't let go. Stavros just left to Greece, and he just called me two hours before he flew. And, worst for the last two days we talk only once on the phone, he sounds frantic, not his usual self. 

I ignored it, I thought he might just be worn out with all the work that's in his hands, his business here in New York plus their family business in Greece. But leaving without seeing me, worst calling me two hours before the flight. And then Sheena's word ringing in my head, it's killing me.

"Maybe that's why he's still hanging around you?" Is that the reason? Or did my brother by any chance tried to chase him away from me? But that's nonsense?

"No!....." I groaned. I felt a lump stuck in my throat. My chest tightens with the thought of it. I sighed heavily and rested my head in my hands, massaging my temples glumly.

I felt my phone vibrates and it went off, I fumbled my phone out of my purse quickly and check it. I called back Lucy as I glance on my wristwatch. It's 5:15 PM. Mr. Hernandez is long gone.

"I'm at the Lobby. Are you done?" She asked lazily.

"Yeah. I'll see you shortly," I replied. I quickly picked my purse and headed to the Lobby.

Lucy was standing at the exit door talking to Roman, the security guard. A very nice guy.

"Let's go." I uttered as soon as I reach her. We said our goodbyes to Roman as he opens the door for us. We took a cab, and on our way none of us wants to break the silence.

We arrived at our place in less than 10 minutes. "I'll make dinner" I announced. "Do you want anything?" I asked casually as I tossed my pursed on the coffee table.

"Yeah anything would do," she replied nonchalantly. She looks really sad. But I didn't bother to ask her. She'll tell me when she's ready. I believed her sadness has something to do with my brother. He left to Spain yesterday.

After dinner, both of us showered and now comfortably settled on the couch, watching our favorites show, Jane the virgin. Cute funny love story, about a girl name Jane Villanueva, engaged to a detective who supported her to be a virgin until marriage, but on one of her routine clinic visits, she was accidentally inseminated by a specimen supposedly for the patient next room and the donor was his boss.

We are both so engrossed when Rafael and Jane are making out when I heard a loud knock on the door. Nobody wants to stand and opened it.

"Go get it, Ali!" Lucy snapped, without breaking her eyes on the TV.

"Why me?" I asked with eyebrows pressed together, as my eyes stuck on the screen watching the hot scene.

"Because you're close to the door?" She replied in a duh tone.

I stomped my foot as I walk to the door. Whoever this be, it better be important!" I muttered softly. I was so mad.

I yanked the door open, and there stood a sophisticated brunette with her five inches stiletto hovering over me. She looks so hot with a body-con dark green criss-cross. She looks familiar.

"I'm looking for Ms. De La Vega," she said arrogantly. I raised my eyebrows, showing I'm not intimidated by her. Lucky her she's wearing high heels. I would be taller than her.

"Speaking!" I said stiffly.

"He must be kidding me," she scoffed softly.

"Who?" I asked, irritation enveloping me.