Chapter 16: The Wedding (EDITED)

"Truth is like the sun, you can shut it for a time, but it ain't going away." - Unknown

Alessandra's POV

It's been almost eight weeks, and since I came back from New York. It's like every day I'm dying since I read that AGB magazines. Their interview with him. He was going to propose to her. I felt that pain again, fresh pain and it's more painful. I felt like I died that day.

Thank God, being a model, you barely sleep, which means not giving me a chance to at least not to think of him.

I've been traveling a lot lately for my shoots, signing of contracts, meetings with a big agency for advertisement. A week after I arrived in Spain, Trixie came over to visit us, or I would say to see me. On that week, I don't know when, or how did she made me agreed, and sign the contract as one of her models.

The next week, thorough physical makeover. From head to toe. I couldn't recognize myself. My long wavy hair was cut just below my shoulder looking glamorous. My skin was smooth and flawless from the daily spa, nails are well manicured. And, I have to wear five inches stiletto until I go to bed as one of my training. I didn't have troubles in doing the catwalk, I think my mom's blood is running in my body.

And in two weeks my first Project, a beachwear ads. Those days when you thought you're over him and then, things comes up to remind you of him. Just like today we are packing since the shoot for the beachwear ad. It was finalized and done. We have been doing this shoot here and there. I was so much occupied that I forgot about him. As I grab my phone that was sitting on the newspaper, the big bold letters caught my attention. I grab the newspaper and read it.

The most sought after bachelor, but not for long! STAVROS DEMAKIS IS SOON TYING THE KNOT WITH THE BRUNETTE SUPERMODEL KRYSTINA PRIERA, as one of our staff had an interview with the said supermodel and it appears that both parties agreed with the marriage.

I clenched my hand with the paper. Really? When I'm all good? Is my fate taunting me? I felt my tears are about to fall. I blink my eyes to stop it. My heart tightens. And, I count to ten inhaling and exhaling trying to compose myself. I'm not the girl whose head over heels in love with him. I kept repeating to myself.

I tried myself not to watch, not to mingle much, to avoid remembering him. I focused on just my job and my family.

Once in a while I dreamed of him. And, it's like real. I could feel him, his touched, his kiss, his laughter, his caress, everything about him. I need to moved on. Maybe start dating. Since my appearance on every fundraising events, I've met a bunch of millionaires, billionaires who showed their interests to me, but I disregard them. Maybe it's time to face the reality. Stavros and I are not meant for each other.

Oh, that familiar pain and it hit right through my heart, twisting it slowly until it bleeds painfully. Painful than death.

I quickly picked up my stuff and threw the newspaper in the waste bin and joined the other staff.

Stavros' POV

The wedding is in a week. I was in New York the whole time my family was just cooperating with the Priera as they insist on having a big wedding. My grandpa warned me to come back or he'll disregard me as a Demakis. They are too worried I won't show up in my wedding.

So here I am back in Greece. I worked and worked until the sun comes up and down. I sleep with a bottle of whiskey. I wanted to talk to Alessandra when I flew back to New York, but she's gone. Lucy resigned too and refused to tell me where she is. She told me about what happened the night Krystina came to see her telling her she's pregnant. I wanted to tell her myself what happened, and Krystina just ruined it everything for me. I can't forgive her for that!