Chapter 17: The Auction (EDITED)

"Some things just couldn't be protected from storms. Some things simply needed to be broken off... Once old thing were broken off, an amazingly beautiful thing could grow in their place." ― Denise Hildreth Jones

Alessandra's POV

After that Beach Wear Ads, it greatly increased my profile in Greece and Asian industry, but to gain that international recognition and pursue my career further I reluctantly relocated myself back to New York, where I quickly secured a modelling contract with Next Model Management. I acquired a condo close to where Lucy's place. Lucy was so happy and thrilled when she found out I was back and we lived close by.

And soon, I found myself in high demand, being booked for various runway and print campaigns for the likes of Baby Phat, Lisa Ho, Levi's, Alex Perry, Voodoo Dolls, Nicola Finetti, Bettina Liano, Roberto Cavalli, L.A.M.B, and Betsey Johnson amongst others.

With my success, came a number of print features for some of the world's most prestigious fashion magazines such as Spanish Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Elle. Thanks to an international campaign with Maybelline New York. I was also selected for a number of television advertisements for the likes of Portman and Veet.

Included of my success is to attend various functions. Tonight, I will be attending a fundraising for the Anti-Breast Cancer Org. Carlos was attending too with Lucy. Lucy is staying with her brother since Salvador came back. I asked Salvador to escort me, and he happily agreed.

I was lying on my bed for the first time, I get to relax. Then, I heard my doorbell rang. I jumped out of my bed and walked briskly to the door. I opened it, and in front of me was a large basket full of roses, lilies, alstromeria, orchids, etc.... I was grinning ear to ear. It's been a while since I received a flower. "Who could be the sender?" I thought excitedly.

The delivery guy peeked his head out from the flowers and smiled. "Delivery for Ms. De La Vega?" He asked, smiling at me.

"No other!" I replied ecstatically.

"Please sign your name here Ms. De la Vega," he said as he handed me his machine and a pen for my signature. I signed it quickly and receive the basket, a bit heavy. I closed the door after I thanked the guy and sniffing the roses. My favorite. I put the basket down on the coffee table and check on the card.

I'll see you in a bit.

S.

"Jeez ... Salvador doesn't need to do this!" I muttered. "I'll thank him later, anyway he's picking me up in three hours," I thought.

 I walked back to my room, left the card on my dresser and crawl back in my bed. Trying to nap at least an hour.

Stavros' POV

The time I've been waiting. I've waited long enough. Watching her in a distance doesn't help much the longings I've felt. I didn't bother her because I know her career was on its verge of success. 

I went to see Lucy yesterday, to ask who's going to escort her although I already have an idea. Her brother will escort her, I know because I have Alessandra followed.

I talked to Lucy that I'm ready to win her back. And, I can't wait for more days or months. I even talked to her brother, Salvador and he's a nice guy too. So the plan begins. I am to escort Alessandra.

The guy I asked to deliver the flower was one of my securities who has been following her. He told me she looks so happy when she received the flowers. Things are falling into places.

In an hour, I will be seeing her closely. "God, waiting wasn't my strongest points," I groaned. I'm all ready since an hour ago. That's how excited I am. I can wait to hold her again. I can't believe I had endured that long. There's no way I'm going to let someone be in our way again. No matter what I'll win her back!