22 : Surprising News

After the nationals, we decided to visit mom and dad. Kiyoomi told me after that we should go to their house to formally meet his parents which is actually making me nervous.

Komori wanted to spend more time with Nezu so I decided to let him be. I saw the house was dark and seemed to don't have anyone inside.

"Kiyoomi, where do you think mom and dad are?" I asked him while he just shrugged. "Did you told them that we're visitung?" He asked while I nodded then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered as I heard dad's voice. "(Y/n)? Is that you? We need you at the hospital now!" He said in a panicked voice which made me really worried.

"What?! Why?! Are you okay? Is mom okay?!" I almost screamed while Kiyoomi was obviously confused. "Just go at the hospital!" He replied while I grabbed Kiyoomi's hand and ran to the nearest hospital.

"(Y/n)! What's going on?!" Kiyoomi exclaimed while I had tears flowing down my face. "Just shut up, shut up, shut up!" I bursted to him. He was shocked.

"Sorry." He looked down while I asked a nurse about my parents and told me the room. We went there and saw mom in a critical state. "M-mom?" I cried out and ran to her.

"What happened to her?!" I yelled at my dad. "... She had a heart attack." He replied. Kiyoomi patted my back as I cried. "Is she going to be okay?" I asked him, wiping the tears off my eyes.

"Your mother is strong sweetie. She'll wake up." He smiled at me and hugged me.

---------------------

After a few hours

I finally calmed down. "O-omi, I'm sorry about earlier." I stuttered while he just hugged me. "Shh, it's fine. Your mom will be fine, I know it. No need to worry." His voice was soothing and gentle. How he touched my head was like a touch of an angel.

I melted to his hug and cried. "Y-you're the best..." I smiled. Suddenly, the bed creaked. Mom was awake, I immediately hugged her and giggled.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. "Woah there tiger. I'm still not fully recovered." She patted me. "Sorry. I'm just glad that you're safe." I replied to her. "Welp, it's gonna take more than a disease to kill me."

"Oh, miss Airi. I'm glad to see that you're safe." Kiyoomi gretted while she smirked. "Kiyoomi! Glad to see you here! Thanks for comforting my baby girl-", "Mom!!!" I feel my cheeks heat up while they just chuckled.

"Anytime Airi-san." He said which made me pout. "Where's your dad though?" She asked. "Crying I guess." I shrugged while she rolled her eyes then a doctor entered.

"Oh, is my mom going to be okay?" I asked. "Well, uh." She fixed her glasses while I was a little nervous about her answer, I saw her glance at mom and looked back at me.

"Yep! She's going to fine. But she has to stay here for... a few days." The doctor said while I nodded. "Honey, you two can go now! We can handle this." She said with a smile.

"But mom-" she cut me off. "No buts! You two should go back now." She said in a slightly serious tone which is suspicious.

We went outside while I rub my shoulders. "Cold?" Kiyoomi asked. "Oh, no. It's just... mom's acting weird, don't you think?" I looked at him in the eyes.

"Agreed. She was a little different." He replied back as I sighed. Kiyoomi's phone suddenly rang as he answered it.

"Who is it?" I whispered to him. "Mom." He mouthed.

-----------

Next chapter : A family dinner