♯003| 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐨. • love like u.

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐
❝I'm out here to... gather Qingxin❞
└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆"I was just looking for flowers in the middle of the night after falling from the sky"Yea right

⋆⋅✦⋅⋆
"I was just looking for flowers in the middle of the night after falling from the sky"
Yea right... very smooth, totally not suspicious Xiao.
⋆⋅✦⋅⋆

─────
!lyric/songfic!
LOVE LIKE YOU — REBECCA SUGAR.

When I see the way you act, wondering when I'm coming back...

His spear gripped tightly in his hand, shaking off the voices that echoed in his head. He trudged through the thick flora that surrounded his path, each step felt like an anchor that weighed him down to the ground.

"Help me—"
"Why are you doing this..."

The flashes and cries of his memories repeated over and over constantly in his head, never giving him a moment of tranquility. Each voice yearned for help, an endless cycle that would follow him until the end of time.

"STOP IT" he yelled in remorse.

His body started to frail into unconsciousness, the memories playing on loop grew more aggressive with each round.

Xiao started to lose his footing, his knees now failing to keep him stable.

"Xiao. XIAO!"

The sudden familiarity and comfort of the voice snapped him back to reality, out of his gruesome memories. His eyes flickered upwards. The moon illuminated the figure that stood in front of him with an outstretched arm.

Though his vision was blurry, he could see briefly through the slit of his mask,

It was you.

The voices started to fade away, leaving behind only your voice to ring in his ears. A voice that brought him a sense of comfort.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" You asked, insisting for him to grab your hand.

He hated when you saw him like this. He didn't want you to see him in his most vulnerable state, yet here you were. Xiao wanted to save you from all the evils of this corrupted world but it seemed like you were the one who was saving him.

Though reluctant he shortly slipped his hand into yours. You heaved him up, making him drop his spear as he fell into your arms in one short, quick movement.

I could do about anything, I could even learn how to love...

"What happened? Tell me please, I'm here now. You left for months, I thought you would never come back" you exclaimed worryingly.