13. 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘍𝘐𝘙𝘚𝘛 𝘋𝘈𝘛𝘌

THE HEROES

"Take this," Midoriya whispered as he handed Y/n a small communication device. She shoved it into her ear quickly and started fiddling with the controls on her suit. They were standing with the police officers right outside the library, awaiting further instructions. "We haven't heard anything from inside since that call, and we have people surrounding the whole area in case anything happens. Are you sure you two can handle this without further backup inside?"

They both nodded, walking carefully towards the library door. Quietly, they tiptoed their way through the library, trying to find a person, alive or dead. After a minute of searching, Y/n turned a corner and found a horrific scene between the shelves. The body was in such horrible condition that it would be impossible for the victim to be alive. "I've located a body." She whispered into her device. Midoriya, who was on the other side of the library, let out a heavy sigh at the news.

She continued walking in search of more people, but all she could find was dismantled corpses. She had reported three dead bodies before finally stopping at the sound of whimpering. "I heard someone.." Whispered Y/n. "Be careful.." Midoriya replied. She walked slowly, following the trail of blood that led to the whimpering. She paused, the trail stopped at a small room, a studying room.

Her hand grasped the door handle firmly and she opened the door. "Peekaboo..." Y/n's heart dropped as her eyes met with Maneater's pitch black ones. "My voice acting is great, right?" He chuckled, running his hand through his raven hair. It wasn't his presence that surprised her, she knew that she was bound to face him, but it was the sheer amount of bloody corpses surrounding him that made her almost gag. She could count at least seven people.

"Oh yes, the bodies. I was quite hungry today. I apologize that our first meeting had to be like this my dear, I didn't expect you to be one of the heroes they sent.." He sighed. Suddenly, his body disappeared before reappearing again, this time behind Y/n. He locked the door, making Y/n jump in surprise at the sudden movement. "As much as I am pleased to finally meet you in person, I thought that our first meeting would be more prepared than this.."

"Oh and to be completely honest," He continued, leaning against the door. "I would've liked to have your boyfriend be here instead of you." Y/n took a few steps back from him. "Don't worry it's not because I like him more!" He laughed, quickly stepping away from the door and standing inches away from Y/n. "It's because both of our lives would be so much easier without him.." His tone suddenly dropped, but his smile remained.

Y/n's eyes twitched with anger and she felt energy start to flow through her body. "Ohohoho!" He laughed, gleefully clapping his hands. "You look so powerful when you activate your quirk! Especially when your eyes turn (Colour)!" The villain mused. Fed up, Y/n threw a punch, but he disappeared again. He reappeared, on the opposite side of the room. "Oh c'mon dear, I don't want to hurt you..." He said while brushing off non existent dust from his clothes.

This time Y/n decided to throw a kick, but failed again as he teleported behind her. She gasped when she felt the familiar cold chains wrap around her wrists and neck. 'Chain?' She thought for a moment. 'No, he can't be here, it's Maneater's copy of his quirk.' Just as she was about to break from the chains, he appeared right in front of her, pushing her harshly against the door. "C'mon speak to me." He hissed, grabbing her chin rather harshly.

"Don't touch me." She spat, using her quirk to push him off. "Be nice my love, I've already lost my temper once today, I don't want to lose it again and ruin you.." She then did something so unexpected that he wasn't able to dodge it. She slapped him. She slapped him in the face. Maneater's hand caressed the now red skin of his cheek, his face twisting into a surprised yet offended glare. "Y/n dear, you've pissed me off... You do know that misbehaviour is met with punishment right..?"

He cracked his knuckles, and before Y/n could guess what quirk he was about to use, she was sent out of the room by an explosion. She tumbled back, her back slamming against a bookshelf. "Is that..? How did you..?" "Get Dynamight's quirk? Oh yes, you had a small hair of his stuck on your suit." The impact of being blasted out of the room and into a bookshelf had charged her sufficiently, enough to throw a large punch at Maneater.

The punch phased right through him though, it landed on the bookshelf right behind him, destroying said bookshelf along with four other shelves behind it.

On the other side of the library, Midoriya had heard the ruckus and was trying to contact Y/n through her ear piece, but it wasn't working. Unbeknownst to him, Maneater had deactivated all communication devices in the area using one of his many quirks. "Damn it.." He cursed quietly, throwing away the device and deciding to try and follow the explosions to get to Y/n.

Y/n on the other hand was still struggling to land a hit on the multi-quirked man. It was a game of hide and seek, with Maneater hiding between shelves, waiting for Y/n to strike him only to disappear again. "What do you want from me?" She spoke up, catching his attention. "Ah, you're finally speaking again.." His sultry voice rang out from between the shelves.

"I want you to become my queen, rule by my side! Our kingdom will be a fair one, unlike the systems here.." He had reappeared in front of her, with his arms wide open, as if to welcome her into his embrace. "Oh really?" She hummed, walking closer to him. He nodded frantically. "Yes! You can show them exactly how a real hero should act!" "You really think that I can do that..?" She sighed.

"Yes! Of course I think you can do it-" He was quickly interrupted by Y/n as she finally managed to land a hit on him. The impact sent him back by a few meters and he coughed up blood. "Well I think you're delusional." She spat. His face twisted with anger, he picked himself up off the floor and glared at Y/n, a disapproving look in his eyes.

"I didn't want to hurt you too much on our first encounter but you're making this so hard for me... I apologise in advance for what I'm about to do darling but this is what happens when you disobey me." Y/n was on high alert when he disappeared again, since his intentions appeared to be set on hurting her now rather than just messing with her.

He appeared again, right in front of her, just as she predicted. Y/n's hand shot out to grab him by the throat, but as soon as her hand made contact with his skin it exploded into purple mist, leaving Y/n confused. Her eyes widened with realisation, this was Phantom's illusion ability. But she was too late, the real Maneater had already appeared behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She looked down slowly and noticed a tiny dagger had pierced her, not enough to wound her fatally, but enough to be a pain in the ass for a while. He rested his chin on her shoulder and sighed. "I really, really didn't want to do this to you my love. But you made it so hard for me.. But don't worry, I'll make it up to you in our next encounter.." He whispered into her ear before pressing a small kiss onto her neck.

"I'll be back for you.."

Was the last thing he said before disappearing again, but this time he didn't reappear.