27. 𝘚𝘖 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘚 𝘐𝘚 𝘊𝘏𝘙𝘐𝘚𝘛𝘔𝘈𝘚

"I thought you'd make me drop it off somewhere. Or give it to someone. What the fuck are you doing here?" She whispered furiously, while he had an unbothered smile on his face. "I couldn't resist not attending myself, I do love to dance.." He sighed, spinning her around and drawing her back to his firm chest. Maneater wore a very soft satin white suit, paired with a black dress shirt below and a thin silver chain around the collar. Y/n could see a little snake tattoo on his neck peeking from under his shirt.

"What made you think that I won't arrest you right this instant?" Y/n hissed, trying to put some distance between her and the villain. He smiled pityingly, nodding at one of the masked servants. It was the red haired servant that served her and Bakugou, but this time she noticed the tattoos under his thin white dress shirt sleeves. Chain. Y/n noticed that he was talking to another servant who had her hair up in a bun, little purple strands peeking. Phantom too.

She let out a string of curses internally, that's when she noticed Venom, playing the cello among the orchestra. 'How did I not notice..' Y/n felt frustrated with herself for not noticing that the HRS was here. Even though they were masked, she felt that she would have identified them earlier if she had just kept a clear head and listened to Bakugou. 'I should've listened to him..' She thought. "Don't beat yourself up darling.. How could you have known.." He said, as if he read her mind. 'He probably did.. With that sick quirk of his..' She thought, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Now as you can see, I took the liberty of replacing your staff with my own, so arresting me is not the best course of action.." Maneater smirked smugly, dipping her down just as Bakugou did. But this time she wasn't flustered like she was with her previous dancing partner, she was just angry. Furious even. "This ball is filled with the highest ranking heroes in the world. What makes you think we can't take you and your backup down?"

"Precisely the fact that you're all top heroes. And heroes don't kill, especially ones with your rank. But us..? We're not afraid to.. Slit a couple of throats.." He said, running his finger along Y/n's neck. "Here and there.." Maneater spun her around again, pulling her back to him and lifting her knee upwards and staring into her eyes. "There's also your little friend back in the US. We're keeping a close eye on him." He has a sick grin on his face, running his tongue over his fangs.

The mention of Benji shut Y/n up, and she took a deep breath to calm herself down. 'I need to be rational.. I fucked up once, I can't do it again.' She thought. "Alright I'll give you your stupid file. Just please leave." She tried to negotiate. He let go of her leg and they continued moving to Luis' angelic voice. "You have a deal then.." He hummed into her neck. Maneater twirled Y/n, making her slightly dizzy. The flurry of spinning dresses, music and laughter allowed them to sneak away from the dance floor.

Maneater grabbed Y/n by her waist, stilling her. She looked around, noticing that he had taken her to the balcony that Bakugou had taken her to earlier. She grabbed his wrists, pushing them away from her before digging out the little flash drive and shoving it into his palm. "There. Now take your goons and leave." She spat, turning to walk back into the party and reunite with Bakugou after the dance ended.

He tutted, putting his hand on her neck and pulling her back towards him. Maneater held up the flash drive, and using one of his many stolen quirks, he burned it, sprinkling its ashes on the shiny balcony floor. Y/n looked him in the eyes, a look of disbelief, fear and slight annoyance in her eyes. "I never cared about that dumb file, it was just some random file I picked. The real prize was you all alo-" The loud sound of Y/n's palm connecting with Maneater's pale cheek echoed through the cold air.

"You scheming little shit." She gasped out. Maneater was more shocked than Y/n at the moment, but he pulled himself together. "Of course I was scheming, why would I care about some file, when you're what I want. No, what I need." He disappeared, reappearing behind her and slithering his hand onto her neck. "What you need is therapy, let go of me!" She whisper-shouted.