36. 𝘗𝘙𝘐𝘕𝘊𝘌𝘚𝘚 𝘒𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘛𝘐𝘒𝘈 𝘊𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘚 𝘏𝘖𝘔𝘌

"Here.." Y/n mumbled, tossing him a shirt and sweatpants that she found in the mostly unused closet. The two turned their backs to each other to change, none of them bothering to leave the room. It was silly, yes, but they couldn't help but sneak glances at each other like highschoolers crushing on one another. Bakugou's red eyes would flicker to the mirror in his corner of the room that reflected Y/n's back, and he would try to map out the branches of her markings. Her eyes weren't innocent of this either, sneaking quick peeks through the window reflections. They'd never admit this though, so don't even try.

A good distance was kept between them when they crawled into bed, since things were still slightly awkward and both of them had no idea where to pick it up from there. They laid on their backs, staring at the ceiling above. Under the sheets, their hands were almost touching. But they were both still uncertain of what to do next. "Thank you." Y/n spoke up, making Bakugou turn to his side to look at her. "For trusting me. There aren't many people who would've followed me blindly through all of that." She continued, turning to look at him as well.

Bakugou averted his eyes for a second before sighing and shutting them. "Look. It's fucking weird okay, but I do trust you. You're.. Smart and all. You might be slightly suicidal, but you don't go into shit blind and you always know the consequences. Sometimes I do wish that you wouldn't do some of the shit that you do. Because I know that you're aware of the consequences and that it will hurt you. But you don't care if it hurts you and it's.. It fucking scares me what you could do." He professed. Y/n gave him a sad smile. "So you do care if I die." "Not when you're rubbing it in my face like right now."

That made her laugh a little, which made him hide a small smile of his own. "It's.. not my proudest trait. Being careless when it comes to myself. I do forget that there are people who care." "Well I fucking do, so thats unfortunate for you. And so does your computer friend. He cares a lot too." He tried to avoid eye contact, but his eyes always ended up staring into hers whenever he wasn't focusing on staring at something else. "Thank you. For saying that. And caring. And for trusting me too. I have a lot to thank you for." He huffed at her words. "I don't need your thanks. Just stop going into everything with a death wish.." "Will do."

"Wait." Bakugou mumbled suddenly. He turned to the chair beside his bedside where his suit was folded and pulled something out of his pocket before turning back to Y/n. "Here.." He said, handing her the tiny American flag pin. "You dropped it. I.. made a promise. To give it back." He was red in every single corner of his face while he spoke. Y/n examined it and then looked into his eyes. Bakugou was confused to see that they were slightly watery, but his thoughts were put on standby when she moved closer and kissed him.

"If I knew you liked that pin so much.." "It's not the pin! It's the thought you asshole!" She said defensively, punching his arm jokingly. "If you say so." He huffed with a smirk. "Go fuck yourself.." She smiled. "You'd like to see that wouldn't you." "You dirty little shit!" "You said it first dumbass," "You made it dirty;" "Dirtier than 'go fuck yourself'?" "You're an ass. Now go to sleep, we have to go somewhere tomorrow before we go back and face the others and explain what happened."

Sleep consumed them both almost immediately, but it didn't last very long. After around two hours, Bakugou rubbed the sleep away from his eyes and turned to scold Y/n for mumbling on a phone call right next to him when he's trying to sleep. "Could you not talk to fucking people at the crack of dawn-" He paused, his face now contoured with worry. She gripped the sheets with her fists and her eyes were clenched shut. "Leave.. Me alone.." She whispered.

"Y/n..?" He murmured, his hand shaking her shoulder. Bakugou hissed when Y/n's quirk activated by instincts and blew his hand away from her. "Shit.. Y/n wake up.." He muttered to her. But she wasn't budging, and she kept on warning him, no someone, to stay away from her. Bakugou cursed before he grabbed her face. His palms rested on her cheeks and pulled her face towards his. "Wake up.. Please.." He spoke with a commanding tone. When her eyes opened, he let go of her face instantly and stared at her anxiously.