47. 𝘐 𝘎𝘜𝘌𝘚𝘚 𝘞𝘌'𝘓𝘓 𝘕𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘙 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞

"Hey.." Katsuki spoke. Her jaw clenched at the sound of his voice and she buried her head deeper into the mountain of pillows. He frowned when he heard a muffled 'hi' and quickly moved from slouching on the doorway to sitting beside her on his bed. Y/n cursed silently when she felt the bed dip behind her. He couldn't see her crying. She already felt weak enough, she really didn't need this. Being a number one hero and crying is shameful enough. If she were looking at him, she'd see that he was supporting himself on his elbows and hovering above her, trying to get a good look at her face and figure out why she wouldn't talk to him.

"Oi. Hey, Y/n. What's goin' on? You okay?" Y/n gulped. She can't fucking hide this? She could quickly wipe the tears away before turning on to her back to look at him, but that won't hide her red eyes, or the tear stains on the pillow. "You're makin' me worry princess, what did that bastard do?" He pressed, still hovering above her. Finally, she turned her head to the side, giving him the saddest looking smile he'd ever seen. "I'm good." She laughed quietly, mostly at herself. Katsuki's frown faded, and he moved to lay next to her.

"I'm gonna fuckin' kill him. What'd he do?" He asked again, pulling her towards his chest. She couldn't bring herself to relax her head on his chest, still feeling embarrassed. "It's fucking weird.. And embarrassing. I shouldn't feel like this. I'm.. supposed to be the strongest." She grumbled. "I may judge other people heavily, but I don't judge you. We judge people together. That's our thing." He scoffed, which made her laugh a little. After a few seconds of silence, she finally sighed.

"I'm just... I feel so fucking weak. Especially around him. Even if he's literally tied down and under my power completely. I was about to get somewhere with all of this bullshit, but the second he put his hands on me I couldn't even look him in the eyes-" "He put his hands on you again?" Katsuki interrupted, looking confused. He was in the room the whole time. "That's the thing, it wasn't even real. It felt so real though, and I know that I'd react the same if it was. And now here I am fuckin' crying like a kid 'cause he grabbed my neck for 5 second."

He pulled her closer to his chest so that she wouldn't see the deadly look on his face. His hands automatically moved to sooth her neck. "How am I supposed to fulfil my promise to the rest and help him if I can't go near him? Symbol of freedom.. More like cowardice.." She whispered the last bit to herself sourly. "Don't let that little shit's voodoo intimidation tacticts get to you. He's an asshole. You'll just have to be more of an asshole to overpower him y'know?" Katsuki mused, admiring the rain droplets as they slid down the glass balcony doors.

Suddenly the loud sound of thunder, followed by a bolt of lightning struck. He felt Y/n jolt and tense up between his arms, making him frown. Katsuki pulled her away from him and tilted his head and gave her a confused glance when he saw her panicked look. She snapped out of her dazed state and eyed him. "Oh. I'm fine. I'm just.. Not the biggest fan of thunder and lightning y'know." She gulped, looking away shamefully. Her cheeks started to heat up. 'Great. I just went ahead and embarrassed myself even more than I already have.' Y/n thought, burying her head back into his chest frustratedly.

Katsuki's eyes moved to her exposed neck, spotting the lighting scar peeking out of the shirt that she was wearing. He remembered the story she'd told him. "Oh. Right." His head turned towards the glass when another bolt hit, closer to them. Y/n jolted again, and Katsuki got off of her and walked towards the balcony doors. He pulled the blinds shut and crawled onto the bed again. Y/n moved so that they'd be able to lay down under the blankets instead of over. The sound still made Y/n jump in his arms every now and then, so he scavenged his mind for an idea to distract her.

"Don't... don't be embarrassed. We all have something we're scared of. Besides... who cares if the number one hero is scared of lightning, you're still number one eh? That's still something." He was trying his best, and it made her smile. "And you've always been number one too. You told me, that olympic thing.. The.. the.." "The Young-Hero-Olympics?" She laughed, making him roll his eyes. "Yeah yeah that shit. You won first place right? Talk about that, instead of cryin' about how you think being scared of something that had a dark past with you is embarrassing."