53. 𝘖𝘕𝘓𝘠 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘠𝘖𝘜 𝘈𝘓𝘖𝘕𝘌

It's been 5 days since Y/n was put in a medically induced coma in hopes of a full recovery. During the 5 days that Y/n was out, a lot happened. The media went absolutely crazy, news of her actions spread like absolute wildfire and not just in the states, but world wide. Articles like 'American Number one Hero Kinetika burning the flag; act of rebellion and hate or poetic justice?' along with 'Renowned Pro-Hero reveals corrupt authority.' popped up on almost every single site and channel. People would discuss her actions online, on news channels and almost every piece of media. They formed communities in support of her actions, but there was also an influx of communities and people against her actions or stating that she went too far.

It's been 5 days since Benji released the documents and exposed the government on Y/n's behalf. Benji handled all of Y/n's socials, and made a few public appearances on her behalf too. He explained stories of mistreatment and the countless cover ups done by the commission, including the big Patriot-Betrayal cover up. He explained the actual reasons for the betrayal, and the real cause of William's death. And he also spoke up on how the Ex-Hero was the reason for his paralysis. The hero commission president and vice president were dragged off by the police due to Benji speaking up and confirming that they were the reason that Y/n was in the hospital after their failed assassination attempt.

It's been 3 days since Midoriya left to go back to Japan so he could handle affairs back home. Midoriya had to hold a few press conferences to address the future of the detained HRS, and tried his hardest to avoid questions revolving around Y/n and her current state along with the future of the American commission. Which was incredibly hard given that she was the media's preferred topic of conversation 99% of the time. In fact, he wasn't the only one who was unable to avoid questions about the hero. Number one heroes from all over the world were asked about the state of their colleague.

It's been 5 days since Katsuki last left Y/n's hospital room. Even after Killian was detained, he was still paranoid. The couch beside her hospital bed became his bed, and the beeping of the monitors no longer annoyed him. He realised that the silence would be much, much worse. He read her articles about the situation, scoffing and cursing at any insulting remarks and mumbling a 'damn right' whenever someone praised her stance. He had no clue if Y/n actually heard anything he said, but he didn't care.

"Look at this dipshit. 'I get that they did her wrong but burning the flag is disrespectful!' Ha! Fucking moron. They try to kill someone and all this moron can think about is a piece of fabric."

On the 5th day, a doctor walked into Y/n's room while Katsuki was eating his lunch and mindlessly listening to a replay on the TV in front of her bed. It was a press conference where Midoriya was explaining what would happen to the three HRS members that had aided them in their mission to detain and rehabilitate the rest of the underlings who worked under the organisation. Katsuki looked up and quickly shoved his food aside. "Good afternoon sir." She greeted, and Katsuki quickly got off the couch. "Is there something wrong with her?" He asked, swallowing his food.

"No sir. The opposite in fact. I've been monitoring her for the past few days and I think it's safe for us to call anesthesiology so we can get an anesthesiologist to perform a reversal." She explained while shuffling around with some papers. Katsuki tilted his head. "A what? What do you want to do to her?" He asked with a deep frown. She put the papers down on the table next to Y/n's bed and sighed. "A reversal. It's when an anesthesiologist reverses the process of an induced coma to wake up the patient. It can take up 12-48 hours so we're not exactly sure when... or if she'll wake up. We're-" "What do you mean if?! You said that you think it's safe to do that reversal shit so what are you talking about?!" He interrupted.

"It's not a real threat but it's still a very small chance that it might backfire. We will have staff ready at all times in case anything happens so please don't worry, we're on top of things. It's a very small chance, but It's just that she's in a very unstable place quirk-wise so we need to put every possibility into consideration. I'm sure you understand?" She asked with an uncertain smile. "..You better be on top of things." He mumbled, his mind elsewhere. "Alright then. Anesthesiology will be here shortly to start the process. As usual, please alert us if you see anything unusual. Enjoy your lunch."