16. 𝘚𝘔𝘐𝘓𝘌𝘚

Y/N, AGE 15

"Welcome to your first lesson in the National Hero Academy. Some might say it's America's finest, most prestigious hero school. But I don't care about all that, I'm only here to pay for my rent and make sure the next generation is not the last." The grey haired man said, wiping the lenses on his glasses. He sounded very bored. "Oh, and I'm Ex-Pro Hero Labrinth. I retired from hero work and now I'm teaching you kiddos. Call me Mr. Carter."

Y/n smiled a little, he's funny. "You, Smiles," He spoke up, putting Y/n on the spot. "What are the five types of law?" He asked. This seemed like a weird question to ask out of the blue. "Corporate law, Criminal law, Energy law, International law and Hero law." She responded, her voice flat. Too pitchy and she'll sound like a know-it-all, too bored and she'll sound like a bitch.

He hummed. "Good, your name?" "Y/n L/n." "Hm. You, Cat Ears," He directed the question to the girl next to Y/n. She was quite beautiful, Y/n had thought. Her dark skin, forest green eyes, white curls and cat ears were enchanting. She answered the question, her tail swishing nervously. "Good. I see this year's batch is pretty decent. Let's get you all on the field and see what you can do physically."

"Hi, I'm Mona." The cat girl introduced herself, stretching out a hand for Y/n to shake. "I'm Y/n." She responded with a smile, shaking Mona's hand. "Wow.. You really are Smiles, you have such a pretty smile. A smile fit for a hero for sure.." Mona giggled quietly, making Y/n heat up with embarrassment. "Thank you.." "I could use a little help with learning how to speak in front of other people, you seem pretty good at it."

"Of course I'll help." Y/n beamed, happy to have made a friend at last. The two walked out of the classroom, walking together towards the changing rooms and then the field. They talked about their quirks, their goals as heroes and their hero suit designs. "I'm so glad I met you, I didn't think I'd make a friend on my first day.." Mona sighed. "What did you think?" "A month tops." They both laughed.

"Alright kids, let's get this over with."

"Ugh, that was exhausting... how are you still standing?" Mona whined, Y/n shook her head with a tiny smirk. "You could say that I'm good with managing my energy." "Unfair!" Carter cleared his throat. "Right. Today was a pretty decent start to what I hope will be a good year. Some of you did better than expected, and some need a little help. But that's what I'm here for, to make sure that everyone in my batch becomes top heroes. Got it?" "Yes sir!"

"You're all very promising, and less annoying than last year's class. You better keep it up. Now go rest, I'll see you tomorrow." He dismissed, the class walked off. "L/n, you stay." He spoke up as Y/n was about to leave. She gulped. 'I hope I'm not in trouble on my first day..' Y/n thought to herself, turning around and walking back to Carter after waving goodbye to Mona.

"Yes sir?" He smiled at her. "I knew your mother." That caught Y/n's attention. "You did?" She responded eagerly. "Yes. Great hero. We were partnered up a few times." He sighed. Y/n smiled sadly. "She's in a better place, kid. You remind me of her. I expect great things from you. But don't expect any special treatment from me, 'kay?" She scoffed. "Of course sir. And I'll make sure to exceed your expectations."

"I'll be counting on that."

Y/N, AGE 16

"God damn it.." Y/n groaned, collapsing on the floor. "What's going on here?" Carter muttered, walking over to Y/n's training section. They were all doing special quirk training, everyone got their own training section and were instructed to train their quirk and come up with moves. Y/n was trying to exceed the energy containing limit that she has. Using small explosives, she bottles it up, and tries to bottle up as much as she can. "I can't do it.. Hurts like a bitch.." She weezed.