22. 𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘚𝘈𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕𝘚

THE HEROES

The ride home was silent, Y/n was left alone with her thoughts as she flew the jet through the rain. She stayed in New York for a few weeks. Week one was the funeral and gatherings, week two was emptying her teacher's apartment and week three was a week that she had reserved all for herself. To mourn. She locked herself in her apartment, staring at old photographs. Some were from the day she graduated, some with her training with Carter, and many from the day she became number 1.

When the jet finally landed, she got off as quickly as she could, in a hurry to put the past few weeks behind her. Y/n was surprised to see that there was a person waiting to greet her as soon as she stepped out of the aircraft. She was even more surprised to see that it was Bakugou. "Katsuki? You were waiting?" She asked, walking towards him while dragging a suitcase. He stopped correcting her, so she just called him by his first name. "We need to get back to work as soon as possible, so I'm here to drive you back and make sure you don't slack off."

A quiet scoff left her mouth, he's such a bad liar. "Sure. Where's the car?" She sighed. He grabbed the suitcase from her and walked forwards, motioning for her to follow him. Y/n opened her mouth to ask him why he's carrying the suitcase for her but she shook her head and followed him instead. "So anything new on the HRS?" She asked, stepping into the car. "Nothing. No trace of any of them after the murder." He answered, shoving the key into the car to start it up.

"I see." She mumbled. Bakugou's eyes shifted from the road to Y/n's face every now and then, she was staring out of the tinted window. She looked tired, her eyes sported dark circles under them and she hadn't smiled a bit since she got there. Her gaze seemed distant and out of focus, she was thinking of something, he suspected. He swerved the car into his agency parking lot and they got out.

He handed his secretary the suitcase and grabbed Y/n's forearm. She looked at him, puzzled, as he dragged her away from the reception and down the halls. "W-where the hell are we going?" She muttered, stumbling along. Bakugou stepped into the elevator, Y/n standing next to him and trying to figure out what he's doing. "Katsuki-"

She paused when the elevator doors slid open, revealing a room she's never seen before. It was huge, even bigger than the training room that they first fought in. She thought that was the biggest training room in the agency. "What is this place.." She whispered, tracing her fingers on the soundproof wall. "Only a few people know about this room. Me, the secretary, Deku and Icy Hot. The last two found out by being nosy. And now your dumbass knows too. So it's not much of a secret anymore."

Y/n turned to look at him, he was leaning on the wall while admiring the giant room with pillowed blue walls. "Don't worry, I'll keep your secret." Mumbled the girl, "You better." He scoffed. "So is this a training room?" She asked. "I guess you could say so. I come here when I don't feel my best. Let shit out. Train, fight, set shit on fire, blow things up." He explained. "And why did you bring me here?"

He shrugged. "That's how I cheer myself up. I don't know how you cheer up but this works for me so it might work for you. You need to cheer up and start acting normal again before we go back to work." Y/n lifted her eyebrows. "Let me guess, you don't want me to drag you down?" She mused, he rolled his eyes and threw a training suit at her. "Bathroom is behind that white door in the corner, don't take too long."

His eyes were fixed on her (colour) skin as she stretched, the muscles in her arms tensing up and then relaxing. "Alright let's get to it. You promised me an uninterrupted match last time." She yelled from the other side of the room, he smirked. "Yeah. I'm gonna take you down." He responded while cracking his knuckles. "We'll see." Y/n said, her head tilted.

Without warning, the two bolted towards each other. Y/n slid down, her leg swinging to sweep him off his feet. But he jumped over her and landed behind her, the two of them gliding on the ground. "Panting already?" She smugly remarked, making him frown. "Why don't you fight with your fists instead of your snark for once?" He retorted, making her pull a mocking face on him.