𝟬𝟭. 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

𝗢𝗡𝗘           𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A NEW DAY meant new possibilities.

Steam leisurely rose from a small tea cup, hovering over the surface of a water like wisps of ghosts. An orange glow of the morning light then poured from the large windows, illuminating the whole kitchen and the scent of green tea filled Cassandra's nostrils. It sent a wave of euphoria through her veins, elevating all her senses and soon, she became more aware of her surroundings.

She pulled out a chair, the legs making an awful noise as they scraped across the floor, and plopped herself down on it. It had been twenty years ever since she accepted the task given to her. Now, she was one of the best masters in Kamar-Taj and a kind teacher to those who wish to learn the mystic arts.

Gently picking up her cup, she let her fingers brush against the surface of her planner. A smile decorated her lips as she turned it to the last page she wrote in. Requests, demands, and reminders about a wedding she was hired to plan occupied the paper. Other than being a master of the mystic arts, Cassandra was an event coordinator, a person responsible for the management and organization of an event.

Yes, she has to work because sadly, being a master of the mystic arts doesn't pay the bills. How else would she be able to afford her needs and wants? Also because she loved organizing events.

During her university days, she would always be assigned to plan and handle parties, conferences, conventions, and festivals. Sororities and student organizations would call her for their events, saying that she was great at it. She could even turn the dullest of parties into a fun and unforgettable one. Cassandra was that talented.

Actually, Cassandra was majoring in Political Science when everyone encouraged her to change even her own parents. So, with their support, she shifted to Hospitality and Tourism Management which in her opinion was one of the best decisions she ever made.

Noticing her cup has run empty, she lifted up the warm porcelain kettle across her smooth Mahogany table, but she was stopped mid-action by someone she is very familiar with.

"Mind pouring me some?"

Cassandra smirked. "Cry to me first."

Karl Mordo rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Just hand it over to me, Cass."

"I'm kidding. Here..." She leant forward and nodded her head as a signal for him to raise his cup. Karl caught on to this and let her pour him some green tea.

She and Karl Mordo were great friends. No, wait, scratch that, they could already be considered as siblings. Her parents adored him very much, treated him like he was their own child. Cassandra was one of the few people who welcomed him when he first arrived in Kamar-Taj, vengeful and ungrateful. He was initially disrespectful to the teachings and the way of a Master's life. Yet, as he trained under the Ancient One and her parents, his perception changed and he found it in himself to set aside his desire for revenge, dedicating his life then to the mystic arts.