𝟮𝟱. 𝗜 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟 𝗬𝗢𝗨

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TWENTY FIVE | I JUST FEEL YOU

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"CHRISTINE!"

As the double doors of the emergency room burst open, the hospital smell immediately hit Cassandra and brought chills into her body. It was the kind of smell that made the pain in her left side branch across their back like lightning, making her writhe and groan. Her flesh wound was still oozing blood and the entire left side of her body wore a purple-yellow smear of bruise. It hurt so bad she could hardly negotiate the raw landscape that strobed in and out of focus all around her. "Stephen..." she breathed out, gripping his hand for support.

"Dr. Christine Palmer! Where is she?" She then heard Stephen yell at one of the nurses as she was laid down on a hospital stretcher. Pushed by several nurses, and a recently arrived Christine Palmer, Cassandra flew through the medical center towards the doors to the operating room.

"Stephen! Oh, my god! What happened?"

"Penetrating anterior stab wound..." Stephen started explaining to Christine as they wheeled Cassandra inside the operating theatre.

The Guardian couldn't remember exactly how she and Stephen got to the hospital, but from what she could recall, they were both battling a freed magical beast and threw herself in front of Stephen when he was about to get stabbed by the poisonous tip of the beast's tail. Ten seconds passed, and then twenty and thirty, and finally the pain started to pull back like the tide going out. It left her fingers first, and then slowly worked its way up her chest.

"It's going to be okay, sweetheart. It's going to be okay. Just hold on, don't let go."

"Stephen, I'm sorry, you can't go inside." Cassandra caught sight of Christine blocking Stephen from entering.

"No, I - " Stephen protested, but then soon pleaded. "Please take care of her."

"I got her, Stephen. She's safe with me."

The woman kept her eyes closed, not because she didn't want to see where she was now, but she thought it would hurt too much to open them. Her head hurt too much. Her body hurt too much. It seemed that everything hurt too much. Cassandra then felt her body being lifted up and transferred to an operating theatre bed. Her vision blurred and a moment later, lost consciousness.

"We're losing her!"

Hours must have passed since then, but the moment she woke up, she was almost blinded by the bright daylight glaring from the window and the heavy pungent scent of hospital disinfectant invaded her nostrils. The room she was in was silent apart from her heavy breathing and the beep beep sound coming from the heart monitor. Cassandra squinted her eyes in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before her. She glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white colour schemed hospital bedroom. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember what exactly happened. Then it all hits her with a bang, the memory of it all occupying her thoughts.