𝟭𝟯. 𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

THIRTEEN | EMBRACEYOUR DARKNESS

THIRTEEN | EMBRACE
YOUR DARKNESS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE SONG OF THE WIND breezing through Cassandra's hair was melancholic, pensive. It sang of loss, heartbreak, and devastation. Every student in Kamar-Taj was mourning for the loss of their beloved mentors. Their devastation and sobs crept through the walls of the temple, permeating their skin, and striking their hearts. Even though the Ancient One deceived everyone, the students still grieved. She had changed so many lives, helped them heal from their wounds that cut their skin and hurt their heart.

Cassandra and Stephen were back in Kamar-Taj in hopes to ask help from Karl. The dark whispers in her head have returned, and she knew time for her was going to be up soon. It was like there was a ticking time bomb inside of her that was slowly coming to its end. The sorceress feared what will happen when its timer hits zero.

"Your beloved teacher lied to you, Cassandra. This universe never cared for you. They took away your loved ones."

"Keep quiet. She fought back against the voices. Keep quiet!"

The two reached the decimated Narthex, rocks and dust scattered all throughout the scenery. The woman knew then that Kaecilius had successfully destroyed the New York Sanctum, and only Hong Kong now remains standing to protect them from being devoured by the Dark Dimension. Karl glanced at them, his countenance expressing disbelief and disdain. Cassandra knew it wasn't because of them, it was because of the Ancient One's actions. He paused in his traipse, and raised an eyebrow, wordlessly asking them for the state of their mystical teacher.

The brunette shook her head, and pressed her lips firmly. "She passed away."

"You were right." uttered Karl, pointing his finger to Stephen as he walked forward. "She wasn't who I thought she was."

"She was complicated."

"Complicated?" scoffed Karl in disbelief. "The Dark Dimension is volatile, dangerous. That is why we forbid Cassandra to use the power she can draw from the Dark Dimension! We have seen firsthand the destruction it brings! What if it overtook her?" He shook his head. "She taught us it was forbidden, while she drew on its power to steal centuries of life."

"She did what she thought was right." reasoned Cassandra, circling around the Narthex. "Yes, it may have been hypocritical of her, but she didn't do it for selfish reasons. She had to protect Earth even if it meant breaking her own rules. This is the the burden you told Stephen earlier -- "

"No, the bill comes due!" expressed Karl, enraged. "Don't you see, Cass? Her transgressions led the Zealots to Dormammu. Kaecilius was her fault! And here we are, in the consequence of her deception." Her friend gestured to the chaos of their Narthex. "A world on fire."