𝟯𝟰. 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗔𝗬

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

THIRTY FOUR | A PRICE TO PAY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"OKAY, CAP, LET'S try not to stir too much trouble, alright?" declared Cassandra, clicking her tongue as she handed a piece of ripped paper to him that had a scribbled telephone number. Brushing the lints off of her stolen uniform, she checked her appearance using the reflection of a glass pane. The woman grumbled when she noticed her tousled hair and fading red lips. Fishing out her matte lipstick, she swiftly reapplied some and smiled brightly. Thank goodness, she decided to carry a lip rouge or else, she would look like a shit stain.

That would've been a total nightmare.

She didn't know why, but after her brief yet inspiring talks with her father and mystical mentor, she felt emboldened more than ever. It brought the former Cassandra, the one from five years ago, back to life. She didn't only feel hopeful, but also powerful.

"Where did you get this?"

Cassandra incredulously glanced at him with an arched eyebrow. When he still got an idea, she sighed, "You'd be surprised what a few fluttering eyelashes and smiling can get." She winked.

Steve shook his head, releasing a small laugh before dialing Dr. Hank Pym's office telephone number. "You're like Natasha."

"Think I got what it takes to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Cap?" The Sorceress Supreme then struck a pose, smirking.

Cassandra thought once before to become an intelligence officer or a spy. After her college graduation, a colleague of hers encouraged her to submit a resume to the Central Intelligence Agency since she felt like she would be an asset there, but she respectfully declined after a short deliberation. She found more purpose in being a Master of the Mystic Arts and event planning.

"I highly wouldn't recommend S.H.I.E.L.D. to be the intelligence agency you work in, Cass."

Of course, the Sorceress Supreme learned from Natasha and Steve how HYDRA infested S.H.I.E.L.D. like a virus. They orchestrated many crises and planted roots worldwide; establishing a clandestine network of operatives engaged in political engineering and scientific research. They also revealed that she was among the twenty million people who were supposed to be eliminated back in 2014. She shook her head slightly. To think that for many years, people like Clint, Natasha, and Steve thought they were working for an organization that aimed to protect humanity, only to find out it was rotten from within and the beginning.

"This is Captain Stevens from shipping. We have a package for you." He paused, waiting for the other person in line. "Well, that's the thing, sir. We can't." Steve then glanced at Cassandra as he feigned an anxious expression, impressing the woman currently with him. "Well, it's just - Sir, the box is glowing and, to be honest, some of our mail guys aren't feeling that great. Yeah, they did. You better get down here."