𝟭𝟵. 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗟𝗗 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗨𝗦

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

NINETEEN | THE WORLD FIRSTBEFORE US

BEFORE US

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE NEXT THING the Guardian knew was that she was no longer in New York.

She was inside a spaceship, suspended in the air with her hands forcefully kept to her sides. Cassandra tried her best to free herself to no avail. There was an invisible force that was stopping her from moving. It was then that she was levitated higher and brought closer to a now conscious Stephen. 

"Stephen…" anxiously mumbled Cassandra, struggling to break free from her hold. The Sorcerer Supreme whipped up his head to her and then glanced at the pointed glass needles in front of them, swallowing.

"Protect the Stone."

"Stephen, I -- "

"That is an order."

A presence hovered in front of them and Cassandra's eyes narrowed into slits when she caught a glimpse of Ebony Maw's visage. "Guardian…" he mentioned, twisting his raised hand to draw the needles closer. The sorceress' eyes widened in slight fear as she gathered an idea of what he was going to do to her. "In all the time I’ve served Thanos, I’ve never failed him. If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the Time Stone still attached to his vaguely irritating person, there would be…" he paused, leaning in. "judgement. Give me the Stone."

Her right eye twitched. "No."

Then, Ebony Maw slowly pierced the needles in her face and body, digging one of them deep into her cheek. Cassandra trembled. The pain she felt ramped up from stiffness all the way to searing, blinding agony faster than she could blink. It was like there were multiple knives being inserted in her flesh. A groan escaped her lips, but she managed to keep herself from screaming even three minutes later. This must've irritated the alien creature since he glowered.

"Kill me if you want," panted Cassandra, her voice cracking from the burning agony rising in her body. "but I will never ever remove that enchantment!" She bellowed, spitting on his face.

"You despicable, pathetic creature! How dare you?"

Cassandra then received a loud, vigorous slap on the face that the crack resounded across the whole spaceship. "You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are deficient in all that lends character! You are nothing but a waste of flesh!"

The woman hung her mouth open, flexing her jaw. Her cheek stung so bad that she felt it for more than a minute, but it was nothing compared to the other difficulties she braved before. She had already stood tall against Dormammu, the lord of the Dark Dimension. Who is Ebony Maw compared to him?

"Please, if you're going to insult me, make it hurt." enunciated the sorceress, her voice cracking. "Like… you, Ebony Maw, are an epiphany of stupid. If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. You failed Thanos." She winced. "You will meet him on Titan with us still alive and with the Stone... still attached to the Sorcerer Supreme's neck. Your father… will be so disappointed for believing in such a walking vomit like you! That is an insult."