𝟯𝟬. 𝗡𝗢 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

THIRTY | NO PLACE LIKE HOME

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I DON'T GET it." were the first words that Cassandra Mason blurted out when the genius philanthropist elaborated his whole idea. "So, you mean we are travelling to another universe? Is that correct? Because if that is what you mean, I'm telling you now, we cannot disrupt the multiverse. The masters of the mystic arts will have our heads if we do that."

The two of them were on their way to the Avengers Compound with Tony driving and explaining to her his discovery. A few hours had passed ever since he initially told her about it, hesitating whether to go through with it or bury the model he built under the bottom of a lake. Respectfully, Cassandra would understand his decision if he wanted out of it since he had a daughter he had to be with. Even she herself would think twice about the decision if ever her family was around. That's why she offered to just bring the mobius strip to Bruce and let him, Paul, and Rocket work on the idea, yet after a fruitful and enlightening conversation with his wife, he reached a decision to join the mission which he insisted calling the time heist.

"No, Morgana, we are going back in time," he claimed, matter-of-factly. "in our own timeline to borrow the stones."

"But, it will affect the future." she pointed out, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No, no, it won't. Look, the time travel science you've watched in Back to the Future is bullshit. Forget everything you think you know about time travel, alright?"

Cassandra clicked her tongue then scratched her eyebrow. That was what she and Karl say to all the novices about magic. That they should forget everything they think they know about how the world works. Now, she may be well-versed with magic, but science and quantum physics will take quite a bit of time for her to understand. Her hand flew absentmindedly to the engagement ring she sported in her left middle finger, remembering the times Stephen would leave her completely flabbergasted with the big science words he would use whenever they would discuss concepts of magic and the whole cosmos. She will leave this part to the brilliant scientists for now. All that mattered for now was that they had a chance to get everyone back and they weren't going to let that go to waste. Though there was a possibility their whole time heist, as Stark called it earlier, would fail, it was better to try than ponder the what ifs for the rest of their lives.

"Alright, alright, got it. I'm just going to let you guys talk about it. My expertise is mystic arts anyway, not science. So as long as we are not interfering with another universe and dooming that reality, we're good." explained the woman, crossing her arms as they turned a corner. "We know frighteningly little about the multiverse. It's best if we leave it like that."

"You know, you're giving me an idea of finding a way to explore the multiverse after this." claimed Tony, glancing at her. "I mean, listen, I know out there, I am still Iron Man, but like what else do I do there? Is he better than me? Am I the best Tony Stark out there?"