𝟮𝟮. 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗, 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗡𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

TWENTY TWO | GREATEST GOOD, GREATEST NUMBER

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE GUARDIAN OF the Sorcerer Supreme ascended on a ledge overlooking the scattered debris of what was once a home, peering into a gray, orange, and white striped sky. A chilly breeze nibbled at her face and she shook her head, unconcerned by the biting wind. As she shut her eyes, she imagined the horror that descended upon the civilization of Titan. Stephen revealed to them earlier Thanos' objective for universal genocide. He wanted to bring stability to the universe by wiping out half of all life at every level, as he believed its massive population would inevitably use up the universe's entire supply of resources and perish. Goosebumps pricked her skin as she imagined the screams, the cries for help, the desperation of Titan's people.

The scene that played in her head was cut off when she felt a warm presence at her right. She clasped her hands and gave a small smile after hearing the word, "Planner."

"Mr. Stark."

"Oh, please call me Tony. After all, we'll… you know, fight Thanos." He shrugged, anxious. There seemed to be a heavy burden that he was carrying and Cassandra could feel it even from where she was. It radiated from his honey colored eyes "Honestly, if you didn't come out of that portal in that park, I never would have pegged you for a witch."

"Is that… supposed to be a compliment, sir -- I mean, Tony?"

He paused for a moment, looking ahead blankly then nodded. "Yeah, yeah, it is. Clever disguise. Not a Superman type. Good job, planner."

Cassandra crossed her arms. "How are you really, Tony? How are you feeling?"

"Me? I'm fine. Terrific."

"How are you, really?"

He swallowed as if reluctant to convey what was on his mind, as if the image of him being a strong person would be shattered. "I'm scared. Nervous. None of us here knows what's going to happen -- well, except Strange, but he refuses to tell us exactly what would be its outcome."

"It's going to be okay, Tony. Stephen said it worked. You all just have to stick to what I told you to do. We'll be successful."

"You sure?"

"Aren't we always in the end?"

He slowly nodded before patting her shoulder. "We'll wait for your signal."

Tony stayed for a couple more minutes and left her alone with her thoughts. Cassandra understood her now teammate's anxiety about all of this. Threats like Thanos had been inside Tony's head for years, torturing him and driving him to create many Iron Man suits and an artificial intelligence -- Ultron, that he hoped would protect Earth, though that last part failed horribly. A little more hint coming from Stephen would be helpful, but he didn't want to say anything in fear it might change the whole result. He even kept it from her. That's how dire it was.