𝟬𝟴. 𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗔𝗡 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧:     𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗔𝗡 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗘

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"THE PRESS IS waiting, Miss Potts."

"Oh, my god, Tony! I swear if you screwed this up..." groaned the current CEO of Stark Industries, Virginia Potts, rubbing her temples in circles. Cassandra held her clip folder close to her chest as she watched Virginia abruptly rise from her chair and march on the backdoor of the New Avengers Facility, the staccato beat of her high heel shoes echoing off of marble floors and granite walls.

Cassandra followed closely behind her, her hair tied up in a bun and her ruby red lips pressed into a thin line. Few hours earlier, she was called by Virginia Potts to arrange a press conference because Tony Stark would be making a huge announcement and so, here she was, standing inside the facility, wondering what it feels like to be an Avenger.

The brunette smiled a little. In her opinion, there was almost no difference between being an Avenger and a Master of the Mystic Arts since heroes like Iron Man and Captain America protect the world from physical dangers, while sorcerers like her safeguard it against more mystical threats.

She watched as one of the security men pushed the doors open for them, revealing two men standing nearby. She easily recognized the man on her right as Anthony Stark, the brilliant industrialist and former CEO of Stark Industries. Cassandra immediately straightened her posture once she caught sight of him, brushing the lints off her pencil skirt.

"Where's the kid?"

"He left." The chubby man, who she assumed was an employee of the facility, deadpanned.

"Everybody's waiting."

This time, it was Tony who responded, turning his body around to face them. "You know, he actually made a really mature choice. It just surprised the heck out of us."

"Did you guys screw this up?"

"He told the kid to go wait in the car." Tony pointed his finger to the employee.

"Are you kidding me?" Virginia exasperated, causing the man to splutter. Cassandra almost laughed at this because she could clearly tell that Tony threw the man under the bus. "I have a room full of people in there waiting for some big announcement! I even pulled Cassandra out from a trade show just for this!"

It was true. Cassandra was overseeing a trade show she organized when Virginia called, and even though she only had little time to prepare it, she still accepted the job and managed the press conference, inviting all news media companies to come to the New Avengers Facility.

Tony's attention flickered towards her and he regarded her for a moment. "Good morning, Mr. Stark." she greeted, grinning. "I'm Cassandra Mason, the -- "