𝟭𝟱. 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗔𝗬

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

FIFTEEN | A PRICE TO PAY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE COUPLE WAS once again inside the Narthex, rotating the Eye to check for any magical anomaly. "As always, nothing's going on. Guess we'll just have to head back to the training area and well, you know what we'll do for the rest of the evening." he said with a sly smirk on his lips.

Cassandra bit her lip to stop smiling, and pretended she didn't hear him, keeping her eyes focused on the globe. That's when she suddenly noticed a strong magical signature on the Shady Acres Care Home, a retirement home in New York city.

"Take a look at this, love." she zoomed in the signature and showed him. "This is an Asgardian magical signature. It's like Odin's."

Stephen furrowed his eyebrows. "So,  we have another Asgardian here on Earth?"

"Yeah. But, this one's different and familiar to me. I remember the Ancient One showing me this one before. Cassandra's eyes grew wide as she recalled whose it was. "Oh, shit. It's Loki's!"

"Wait, what? The one who attacked New York? Are you sure?" This caught Stephen's attention and he sauntered over to her to get a closer look. The woman swallowed as she remembered the destruction this god brought before. The Ancient One and Cassandra along with her parents defended the Sanctum from the invasion that day.

"Are you seriously doubting my knowledge right now?" A scowl formed in the sorceress' lips.

"No, I-I meant -- "

She rolled her eyes. "It looks like he's with someone else. Thor, his brother, I assume."

Stephen pursed his lips and nodded. "Then we must know their intentions here on Earth."

The two then headed to the New York Sanctum to begin their preparations. Cassandra then took a card from a little jar that carried their address, smiling giddily. "Ah, always knew this would be handy at times."

"You ready, sweetheart?"

"'Course, I am." the sorceress smirked then opened a portal above them that would trap Loki in a pocket universe. Stephen tossed the address card above just as the woman beside him closed the portal.

Approximately fifteen minutes later, the two felt the presence of Thor near their Sanctum. "I'm surprised he didn't get lost, I was silently hoping to trap Loki longer." the brunette pouted, swiping her emerald cloak to the side, letting it sweep across the floor.

"You'll have the opportunity next time. For now, let's go."

Thor knocked on their door and Stephen teleported him to the Chamber of Relics immediately. The brilliant sorceress was already chuckling at the way how Thor appeared dumbfounded. She had to admit, he was really good-looking and if she wasn't madly in love with Stephen, she'd shamelessly flirt with the god of thunder. But, then, she knew she really wouldn't have to make too much effort to be noticed, she was charismatic, confident, and beautiful enough to catch his attention.