55| Morning ✓

Rehan wakes up hearing the baby cry. It has become their daily routine but the new parents couldn't allow themselves to wake up at five in the morning.

But they were lucky for new parents as Ryan doesn't make a fuss in the middle of the night. And the parents always thank their son by cuddling and covering him with kisses.

"It was only Five Thirty boy," Rehan mumble to his son as he removes the latter's trousers and dirty nappy. He throw the nappy in the dustbin and clean Ryan with wet wipes.

Rehan moves to get new clothes and a nappy for his son and not seeing a human around him Ryan start to cry.

"No. No." Rehan hushes running back to his son with the clothes. "So you woke up early in the morning and wants someone to stand by you the whole time? Things don't work that way in the grown-up world. Okay?"

As Rehan talks, while changing his clothes, Ryan looks at him with his hand in his mouth.

"I hope you are not hungry. Mama is sleeping. We don't want to disturb her." Rehan murmur taking Ryan in his arms. He walks for a few minutes to make him sleep but Ryan starts crying of hunger.

"Hey." Rehan pat Aadhya. "The boy is hungry."

Aadhya half open her eyes and take Ryan and made lie him next to her. He latches on her breast and Aadhya caress his hair as her son stare into her eyes.

Rehan jumps on the bed and lies opposite them.

"I saw fourteen girls before you and I stopped my bride hunt when I reached your house. And now we are grown." Rehan tells placing his hand on Aadhya's waist.

She smiles with her eyes close.

"It's going to be a year since we first met."

Rehan raises his eyebrows in wonder. "Really?"

"20th of March is my birthday, on 27th you came. Three months later, on June 12th, we got married. Two weeks later, your birthday. The next month I became pregnant. 6 months later, we had them. One month later on Feb 28th, we bought Ryan home. And a week after that here we are on the bed talking." Aadhya reply smiling.

"You just described a year of our life." Rehan chuckle. "What do you want for your birthday?"

"Lots of chocolate." Aadhya opens her eyes with a smile.

"What do you want for your birthday?" Rehan repeat.

Aadhya smirk. "Lots of chocolate."

"What do you want for your birthday?"

"Rehan."

"Aadhya."

"Come on, loosen up. Buy me chocolates." Aadhya smile at him changing Ryan to the other side.

"No."

"You already broke your unofficial rule thrice." Aadhya points out.

"You were going through a terrible time." Rehan justify.

"I love you but in this particular matter I don't have to necessarily like you."

Rehan laughs pulling her cheeks. "I can manage that."

"When are my dearest siblings coming?" Rehan asks after some time.

"Mom will drop them on the way to the hospital." She replies sitting on the bed to burp Ryan. "How is Ved now?"

"He's still fighting against it," Rehan answers thinking about his brother. Ved tries to get out of the house to go back to his old ways, but Sanjay holds him back in Rehan's absence.