19| Hearts and Fire ✓

AADHYA

I smile as I like the picture Rehan posted. It was taken on one of our dates, he has his arm wrapped around me and he's looking at me and I'm looking at the camera.

I blush as I read the caption mine. I open the comments and Kiara and Rita have already spread out their hearts and fire.

sahilhere: Does she know about that thing?

vedmalhotra08: How's the food?

liyaaaaaaa_: so cute

sanjaygm: my boy is in love!

anvi_shekhar: aww!

tarararara: bhaijaan! wait for us!

rahulheinji: what she wrote in a paper she's yours officially and legally? you cannot own someone. go and learn something from your failed classes.

I laugh as I read the comments. His family is weird.

I set my phone aside and look at myself in the mirror. I'm all set and ready to get engaged. I'm wearing my green gown and keeping the jewellery to a minimum. I'm not big on those things.

The door bursts open and come running my favourite cousin, Sanam. I stand up from my chair but her tight hug forces me to sit back.

"I missed you so much." She says and I laugh as we pull apart.

"I know. I have to tell you so many things." I begin to speak but she turns around and locks the door.

"What are you doing?"

She shrugs. "I'm helping you escape. That bitch is not going to win."

I narrow my eyes at her. "Who did you call bitch?"

"Who did you think?"

"Anjana?"

She rolls her eyes before nodding. "Yes. Anjana. Okay."

I widen my eyes in realization and shake my head. "You can't call Dadi that."

"Oh please, I've called her worse. It's only because my curses don't work or because I don't try harder that she's not under six feet."

"She's a headache for sure."

"Who got you in this mess? Man, I wanted to come here the day I heard the news but my exams were holding me back."

I nod as I hug her. "I'm glad you came."

"Are you really doing this?"

I look at her and smile. "I think so. This is my chance for freedom."

"Don't you want to elope?"

"I can't put my mother in any more trouble. She needs peace."

"She won't get that until she mixes something in her mother-in-law's food."

I shake my head at her and Sanam laughs with me. Di appears by the door holding little Adi and smiles at me.

"Rehan is here!"