18| Communication ✓

AADHYA

"I'll be back in an hour," Jiju says kissing Di's cheek. He looks at me. "Take care of my wife and baby till then."

"Sir." I salute him and he smiles before going out.

I look at Di as she smiles looking at him with pure love. Jiju came back the next day of her delivery and the three of them have been staying here. They also named their boy, Aditya.

Aditya is the cutest and sweetest baby in the world. I just want to eat his cheeks. Samaira and I are always lurking around him and making him laugh.

Now he's sleeping peacefully in his parents' room after crying his lungs out the night before.

"Nikhil asked why are we getting you married this early," Di tells me and I look around my house. I'm getting engaged in a few hours and the house is grandly decorated.

"What did you tell him?"

"The truth. About our psycho Dadi and her granddaughter."

"Weren't you embarrassed?" I ask her. I find it a shameful act to tell about my family's ideologies to any person.

She smiles at me. "Rule number one: Honesty. When you're entering into any type of relationship always be honest. There's nothing I'm going to get if I lie to him. Moreover, he should know the baggage I'm carrying."

I chuckle. "That's true."

"So how are you and Rehan?"

I look down suddenly feeling all hot. I cannot believe I kissed him two days ago. It was all a fantasy until I woke up the next day with a huge headache.

I feel shy and embarrassed. He texted me the next day but I left him on read. I know I might be sending him a red flag but I'm so nervous.

He is a good guy but the problem is with me. But the bigger problem is I can't put it into words.

"We are fine."

Di holds my hand. "Communicate with him. That's very important in a relationship. If you communicate, you'll trust. If you trust, you'll be honest. If you are honest, you'll love."

I shake my head. "We are not there yet. Love."

Di smiles. "Consider all these as bridges and you'll cross them one at a time."

I nod and we are interrupted by Aditya's loud cry. I smile as I see my sister, with whom I'd fight over clothes, run to her son. We have grown up so much unknown to us.

"Diya!" I turn around to see my aunt, my father's sister, standing near the entrance door and staring at me in shock. Also, my house is fully packed. Relatives from all parts of the country have settled into my house yesterday. That also might be the reason why Aditya can't sleep. He already knows he's born in the wrong part of the world.

"What?"

"You are not ready yet? What are you doing here?" She glares at me as she walks over and I put my foot down from the table. I stand up from the couch and look around. This is not the aunty to be messed up with.

"It's only nine. I just had breakfast." I tell her.

"You will take an hour's rest after breakfast. Then you'll need to stare at the mirror and don't get me started on your bath. Time will fly and your groom will be here but guess where you'll be?" She asks and I know I shouldn't answer but my mouth opens involuntarily.

"Where?"

"In this couch! In this dress!" She yells at me. "Go to your room and start getting ready!"

I look down at my t-shirt and PJs. I like this dress.