39| Pink Dupatta

"Well" Tara began settling herself on the bed near Aadhya. "I know him for like months only"

"Yes that's why he came to Delhi and now returning back to Mumbai just to meet you, only months of knowing" Aadhya asked and Tara bit her lips smiling.

"Just some more than 12 months"

"Tara"

"Okay fine. Nearly two years"

"Is he a good guy. What he does? How did you both meet? Don't worry I'll be supporting you both but only if he's worth enough for you and yes I'm not gonna tell Rehan--" Aadhya ranted making Tara laugh.

"You're on a whole new level of hormone change"

"Are you gonna tell me or not?" Aadhya frowned.

Tara cleared her throat. "Yes, so I met Sameer when I was in twelfth and he was in college. We had a break because of the distance but he finished college and then it worked out well"

"Distance? You studied in Mumbai?" Inquired Aadhya.

"Mom had an accident when I was in eleventh, and everyone thought it would be better if we moved to Mumbai. Shreya and I joined DIAS then and yeah, it happened like that"

"Guess what, I'm not surprised you're in a relationship, every one who graduated from DIAS from our family has one" Aadhya laughed.

"That's true, even Ved has on-- Oops don't tell anybody, it's the hot news, I saw him messaging her on Instagram" Tara meekly laughed.

Tara heard the sound of footsteps. She looked at the door to spot Ved walking to his room.

"Hey brother! How's Kriti doing?" Tara laughed as Ved turned red.

"Who-who-- I'm going" He ran making the ladies laugh.

"Tara, I see you as my sister and that's why I'm telling you, don't hurt yourself, in this relationship. Okay" Aadhya held Tara's hands.

Tara kept her hand on top of Aadhya's, nodding, she said. "I won't"

"I'll go now. I came in the middle of watching movie. You're not coming?" Tara asked tying her hair in a bun, walking to the door.

"No. Babies Mumma needs sleep" Aadhya patted on her bump slowly.

Tara chuckled. "Goodnight babies mumma" She held the door to close but paused. "Do you mind I ask something about your past?"

Aadhya raised her eyebrows.

"Well I can't promise I'm not a ghost"

Tara passed a smile. "Why didn't your parent's--" She moved into the room "--accepted your previous relationship?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't understand" Confusedly she asked.

"Uh. I'm sorry. I knew, it was a bad idea" Tara slowly said and turned to walk around.

"Tara. Stop" Aadhya left the bed and walked slowly near Tara. "I really meant what I said. I did not understand what you said"

Tara cursed herself on why she decided it was best to ask Aadhya about her previous relationship.

"It was nothin--"

"Tara. Talk, I want to know"

She cleared her throat. "Well, I know that you were in a relationship before marriage and you seem like a mature person to me, so I wanted to ask why your parent's didn't agree with your relation and forced you into marriage"

"That's not true. I never had a relationship before marriage!" Aadhya exclaimed.

"Uh. Oh. I'm sorry, it must be a misunderstanding then" Tara tried to smile.