33| Taken

Rehan Malhotra

"Hmm. Yes" I mumbled through the phone, while paying cash to the café. I took the tray containing two coffee and slices of cake, while keeping the phone between my ear and shoulder, I walked near my wife.

"Why are you humming? Did your wife kept a zip on your mouth because of your non stop talking?" Sanjay asked from the other side, laughing.

"No, but she punched me good enough that, my jaw has turned red"

The twist in surprise was good idea, at least that was what I thought.

"Oh my god. It hurts me that I'm not there to see your face. I told you it was a bad idea"

I left a sigh looking at my wife. "Bye, I'll text you, I can't open my mouth much and here, let me try to ease the situation"

I don't need to worry about my wife being attacked, because as far as I know, she has some amazing skills ready.

Since the flight is delayed, we are in the waiting area and not talking to each other. She was angry at me for the lie I told and then that, she thinks, I must've packed her clothes, which might not be correct for the place we're going. But she's wrong. I'd help from Anu.

And in real, I was planning to extend the lie but I backed away, seeing her tears. And when I realized that it was going out of my hand.

I can't imagine the bruises, I would have had, if I hadn't stopped there!

I kept the tray on the chair between us. She glared at me but it softened, when her eyes moved to the cake. I know how to lure my wife.

She removed the cover and started having the cake. I shook my head smiling, having the coffee.

"Is it paining"

"I'm sorry! You punched me in the jaw and you're asking is it paining!?"

"I'm sorry" She lowered her head, tracing her hand over the coffee, paper, cup.

I passed a laugh throwing my head back. "I was joking"

She frowned. "This is why I keep on hitting you. You--you stay here and enjoy your honeymoon---alone"

She stood up and I held her hands. "I told you in the mandap, you can run before I put Sindoor, you didn't, so, it's not my mistake. I come with a package"

She laughed sitting beside me. I laughed as she shook her head.

"And you always have some dialogues to lure me" She punched my arm as I laughed.

"You hit me too much"

"You asked for it" She smirked touching my jaw. She looked around and within a second she gave me a kiss on the cheek, closer to the lips.

She sat back on her seat silently, as if nothing happened.

I laughed. "You're learning fast. You're a good student"

Aadhya Malhotra

I've always wondered seeing the pictures of Maldives, if it's that much wonderful but now, standing Infront of the glass window and watching the moon bathed in the sea, I know Maldives is more than wonderful.

"Liked the surprise?" Rehan wrapped his hands around my stomach snuggling into my neck as I leaned back on him.

"It's beautiful and I'm sorry, for hitting you" I turned back touching his jaw.

"You know, the last time I got hit on the jaw was when I was in 12th"

"Why"

"Sanjay and I fought. It was a big fight, a big fight. He punched my jaw, I punched his nose. He punched my stomach, I punched his back and both of us were bleeding, our lips were cut. It was bad. We didn't talk for days. I wouldn't go to his house or he'll come to our house. Then there was some wedding and in our family we both were the only ones of the same age, Ved and Rahul was 8 or 10. So we had to talk to survive the wedding" He laughed remembering the incident.