29| Don't Butter

Rehan Malhotra

"Happy birthday Jijuuuuuuuu--" Rita, Kiara along with some girls yells. Aadhya groan, closing the door in a hurry.

She shook her head. "I can't believe I've them as my friends"

I start the car from her college gate. When I went to pick her, her all-female friends were surrounding her to see me. Jealousy was so much in the air, Aadhya almost ran to my car seeing me.

"You didn't even let me reply"

"Oh please Mr. They are not going to stop talking, that's why."

"Yeah, yeah. You went to the office today"

She takes her bottle from the bag and turns to me. "Yes, the bus will be there on 08:40 and I'll be back home at 04:15 something"

"I won't be getting much time to spend with my wife before I go, right"

She paused drinking turning to me. "Where are you going?"

"Remember when I first met, no, the second time. I told you I've only 4 months till I go back and now I only have one month left"

"Oh--"

She didn't talk for some time. Her grip around the bottle was tightening. I keep my hand on her thigh, she looks at me passing a smile.

"I forgot. That thing completely went from my mind. So when will you be back" She slowly keep her hand on mine.

"5 months"

"Hmm"

"Don't worry. Time flies and when I come back your college will be finished and we can enjoy ourselves every time together. And trust me; you'll be the one kicking me out"

She laughs slapping my hand.

"Your parents called. Dinner tomorrow at their house. They didn't know you started going college, so they'll be probably calling at night"

"Yeah, Mom informed me some days ago but the date wasn't fixed. Di and Jiju are going back so-"

"Where do they live?"

"Australia, I've been there once. That place is gold"

"We will go there, one day"

"Really?"

"Really"

I park the car in the garage. We come out of the car walking to the house.

"Where the hell were you?" I shout at Sanjay. He was sitting in his house's courtyard, hiding from me all day.

"Will you make me deaf" Aadhya asked. I move to catch Sanjay and run inside closing the door.

"I'll teach him a lesson. From the morning I'm searching for him and--"

"He might be busy. Will you come inside please, I want to tell you something" She says grabbing my hand. I was about to deny but she showed me her puppy face and I fall for it.

"It should be worth than kicking his arsè"

She laughs as we walk ahead. There is no-one home. Mom and Dad come at 4 and 10 minutes after that my siblings will come and then only Daadi will come from Chachi's.

I opened the door and we walked to our room. I threw the keys onto the couch and my jacket to the couch. I jumped on the bed taking my phone out.

"You wanted to say something" I straightened the pillow below my head, lying on the bed.