08| Is He The One ✓

"Good morning! No good afternoon." Rhea tells Rehan before continuing to colour her book.

"Where is everyone?" He jumps on the couch and switches the TV on.

"Today is Menon uncle's daughter's wedding and they all left at 6 since it's a 4 hour trip." Rhea close her book and go to the kitchen.

"Why didn't they wake me?" He ask confused.

"Mom said buffalo won't wake up when it's in deep sleep." Rhea tells him keeping food tray in the dining hall.

"You are only ten. Don't be a Ved!"

"Your breakfast." She says to him and he signs her to bring it near him and she shakes her head. "If I bought that near you, you'll eat from the couch and the food will be sprawled all over the couch and I will have to clean all the mess. So I won't."

"I can clean." He replies walking to the hall. She rolls her eyes sitting beside Rehan.

"This is sandwich. I want to eat Indian food!" He exclaims and she glare at him.

"Then why didn't you get up at 4 am and helped Mom?" Her question made him to eat the sandwich.

The sudden realization hit him and he looks at her. "Hey that means you're alone here from 6. They should have called me." He looks at her. "And what were you doing till then? You didn't go out right? Did someone come here?"

Rhea shakes her head in disappointment. "You are really a buffalo. Dad put me to sleep beside you at 4 and Mom locked the door from outside. So if we have to go out, we've to use the keys which is inside your drawer." She says and he gives her his juice and sandwich.

"Okay." Rehan nods. "And why are you acting like my mother?" He asks removing the bread crumbs off her face.

"Mom told me, I'm a big girl-" Rhea pauses to gulp down the juice. "-And if I talk to you like a big girl then only you'll listen to me." She giggles and he laughs at her.

"Everyone has a bad impression on me?" He asks and she nods.

"You get married then everything will be solved."

"Meri Maa!" They both laugh as he picks her up in his arms. "We need to go out, I've to meet my friends and you're quite heavy, you know."

"You are old!"

---

"Anjana is such a bitch." Kiara, Aadhya's friend, tells her.

"I've told you thousand times to stop being a messenger between those two. Now you're happy right?" Rita angrily asks Aadhya who looks out of the window, sitting on her bed while hugging her knees.

"Who in the world thought this will happen!" Aadhya says to them.

"Your family is weird." Kiara adds. "No offense."

"None taken." Aadhya smiles.

"So how did the meeting went?"

"I knew you would be eager to get to that."

Kiara laughs. "Of course!"

"Name?" Rita asks with a sheepish smile.

"Rehan Malhotra."

"Age?"

"I don't know, maybe twenty six or something."

"Job?"

"Marine Engineer."

Kiara interrupts. "Height?"

"I don't know. Same as Bhai's, I think. Maybe, above 180."

"That's fine. Family?"

"Parents are doctors and has three younger siblings. One boy and two girls."

"How did he seem when you talked?"

"Nice, actually. He is educated and open minded."

"The most important one-"

"No!" Aadhya interrupts shaking her head. "I don't know if he is hot or cold."

Rita whines. "Oh come on!"

"I don't want to dream. This is real! Not like when we drool over Harry Styles or Gong Yoo!" Aadhya says.

"So you do not like this guy?" Kiara asks.

"In the sense of marriage proposal, I do. If I go on rejecting every proposal, Papa will get me married against my wish so it's better if I say yes for the suitable one, I like." Aadhya say with a sigh.

Kiara hugs Aadhya and Rita wraps her arms around them.

"With great difficulty, I stopped crying. Please don't make me start again." Aadhya laughs with her eyes getting teary.

They all laugh and pull apart. Rita looks at the clock and widens her eyes.

"It is time!"

Kiara looks at her and the clock. "It is way past the time! Let's run!"

"To..."

Kiara walks to Aadhya's wardrobe and pulls out a top and Jean. She throws it to Aadhya. "Our 4 times super seniors are having a football match with our 5 times senior."

"I'm not interested."

"Do we look like we care if you are interested or not? You are coming." Rita says pulling her out of the bed.

The football is being held at their school, DIAS's ground. Three of them go together in Kiara's bike.

"This is a lot of people." Aadhya says as she looks at the ground filled with people. She could see her seniors and juniors in there.

"It is like a get together, Alumni kinda thing." Rita informs her.

"Why didn't I know about this?"

"Your phone, your family." Kiara answer.

please vote and comment.