05| Time Up ✓

AADHYA

I fix my gaze at the flowers in the backyard and try to calm my nerves. From the corner of my eyes, I see him sliding the door close and walk near me.

My chest feels tight and I want to let everything out. I want to shout at him and ask him to go back. I want shout at my father and I just want to kill my Dadi.

"Hi." He says.

I nod.

"This place looks nice." He looks around and I follow his gaze.

"My Bhabhi loves gardening."

He smiles at me. "I'm Rehan. Those two are my siblings."

I nod. I know I may seem least bit interested to him but he doesn't know me and my ridiculous family.

"Did you study in DIAS? I think my sister recognise you."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "I did. I finished high school three-four years ago."

He nods. "Our whole family studied there. If one of us graduates, then another one will join."

"My sister and brother studied there." I say. "Which batch were you?"

He smiles sheepishly. "I'm sure you won't know." He looks at me and shakes his head. "I'm sorry but I have to ask this. Is this your first time?"

What first!

"I meant the marriage proposal!" He quickly adds. "You look like you cried."

"It's an allergic reaction." I cover up. I don't want others to know about my family's so called ethics and be embarrassed.

"Oh." He nods. "Do you have anything you want to ask me?"

I shake my head and he smiles.

"I'm a marine engineer. My mother wants to get me married before I turn 28. So she's going to every temple and holding Puja for me. She and Dad are doctors. I have a younger sister and Dadi at home."

I feel the tension and the awkwardness rise up every second. To my luck Jhanvi Di opens the door and wave at us.

"Time up." She says.

"That's my sister, Jhanvi." I say and he tells her hi before going inside.

The moment he steps out of my house, everyone start questioning me. I shut the door and put on music in the Bluetooth in the highest sound. I pull the saree from my body and jump on to the bed.

I feel my eyes turn warm as I cry digging my face to the pillow. I don't know when but I slowly feel my energy drain and close my eyes.

REHAN

The drive back home I feel conflicted. She is definitely the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and I find myself being attracted to her. Her big eyes and her hair. She looked so beautiful.

But she was not happy.

"Did you like her?"

I look at her Liya and frowns. "Do not poke your nose into 18+ things."

"Oh that is not my area," She reply. "It's his." Liya points to Ved and I fight a chuckle looking out.

We reach back home only in the afternoon, after Ved complained of being hungry, I was forced to stop at a restaurant. To my surprise I spot my parents cars in the garage. They are always busy but when it comes to my marriage they always have time.

"Where is our school magazines, Mom?" Liya asks as soon as we enter inside.

"In the store room. Why?"

"Turns out, the girl is our senior." She stops and looks at me, giggling. "Well, mine." Liya says.

"Don't." I warn her. She laugh going to the store room.

"So what happened?" Mom follows me as I go to my room. I stop in front of the door and turn to her.

"You are only allowed up here. I can't tolerate you coming inside and judge the way I live."

She scoffs. "I don't."

"And I have two head. Please," I say.

"Answer her Rehan. You know who is going to win." Dad yell from downstairs.

"So what, I'm the nuisance of this house." Mom asks angrily.

"Undo. Undo." Dad shouts.

I chuckle and look up at Mom. "I don't like discussing about girls with you, Mom."

"Think of me as your friend." She says smiling.

I laugh. "I seriously can't. But I did like her which also means I'm not ready to marry her without knowing about her also this proposal will only go forward if I hear yes. From her."

please vote and comment.