Love You Not

Ryuzaki's POV

We were back at the headquarters. Everyone was standing in a circle with the "Death Note" on the table, just in the middle. I could hear them speaking in the background, but I didn't listen. Light was sitting right beside me. Also lost in thought. I warned him about not touching that notebook. He wasn't like himself since we got back. He just kept spacing out. But I was glad I could save him...from himself. That "ghost" was also for some reason gone after it saw Light losing his memories again.

I grabbed a sugar cube and dropped it into the mug, filled with coffee.

"The person who uses this notebook has to write a name every 13 days, or they'll die." That rule was obviously fake. The others didn't think of that though. Everyone was happy for Light and Misa finally being cleared out, even sending Amane back home but... What if that wasn't the only fake rule? I couldn't test out the 13 day rule without pushing Light under the tracks aswell, and that wasn't happening. I was not going to turn Light in. He wasn't the one to blame. This cursed book was.

And the one question that really messed with my head was...

...who killed Higuchi?

Misa's POV

As soon as I was freed from that godsaken place, I sprinted towards the forest. I followed Rem, running just behind her. We were deep into the woods and there was no one in sight. She finally stopped in front of a random tree.

"It's just below this tree, Misa" I quickly sat down and started digging as fast as I could. Light needed my help. I didn't know what was going on but I believed in Rem.

...!

A box! I grabbed it and cleaned the dirt off of it. I took a deep breath and opened the little box to see a black notebook. I grabbed the notebook and-!

Everything flashed before my eyes. I remember. I remember everything. Light! Why isn't his memories back yet? Did Ryuzaki do something...?

I saw an envelope fell onto the ground. A letter from Light!

"...And you have to write his name into this notebook. If you do...

...I'll love you forever, Misa."

Yes! As I read that last part, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I will have Light all to myself! I just have to write his name...

...No use. I didn't remember...!

"Misa, you shouldn't act on your own. He doesn't have his memories for some reason." I knew it. It should be Ryuzaki's fault. I had to bring this notebook back to Light. But how was I suppose to do that...

"I'm back!!" I looked up to see Ryuk gliding towards us.

"Ryuk!!" I gave him a hug and an apple Light left in the box. Probably for him. As he was munching down the apple, I thought of a plan. I wasn't going to let Light down!

I put the notebook in my backpack and ran towards the headquarters again. I was not going to let anyone mess Light's plan up. And I'm going to prove my love for him once and for all today!

I walked up the stairs with tears in my eyes. I got down on my knees, in front of the camera that everyone had access to in the big monitor I saw yesterday. After like 10 minutes I saw Matsuda dashing towards me.

"Misa-chan, whats wrong?!" Yes. Perfect! I looked up to him with tears in my eyes. Sobbing.

"Matsu... I just want to have some alone time with Light after all this... But that Ryuzaki...!" Matsuda sighed before talking again.