Loose end

...

My eyes widened as those words echoed inside my head. Just like that, my time was cut off from 10 days to 10 hours. Everything was going to be ruined. I stood up from where I was sitting. My mind just went blank for a second there. I had to rearrange everything. I couldn't waste any more time.

"Ryuzaki, I'm sure you're aware that you can't do anything now, but let me tell you again." He walked closer to me and leaned a little forward.

"Please don't even try doing something pointless that could ruin your life." I wasn't even listening to him. I was too focused on why they shortened Light's trial and decided to do the execution this soon. Only one person had the power to change something this drastically.

Watari continued speaking as I glanced over at the gun in his back pocket. It was his fault. He was the one to blame. I felt anger and fury inside me. I wanted to make him pay. I wanted to take revenge. I wanted to make him suffer like I did. He was keeping me safe? Bullshit! The only thing that was being kept safe was his stupid legacy. Toying with my life. With the kids life back at the Wammy's house. Putting pressure on them and forcing them to work for something that only benefits...Watari. Those thoughts kept getting bigger and bigger, my palms getting sweaty as I locked my eyes on that gun.

I dashed towards him and pulled it out of his pocket. He had the power I needed but didn't have.

"Ryuzaki, what are you-" I didn't let him finish and pointed the gun right at his face. He was shocked and was trembling. Obviously he wasn't expecting this. I didn't care anymore. I was tired of this. I slowly put my finger onto the trigger but I wasn't going to pull it. Right now, the right move would be using that power, taking it out of his control. Stealing it. Taking back what was suppose to be mine instead of his.

I shared a glance with him before I guided him inside the bathroom with the gun in my sweaty hand, locking him inside.

"It's L."

I closed the door shut and locked it onto his face. I was now able to access everything I wanted, with Watari locked inside there. I threw the key onto the corner of the room and ran. I was suprising myself with how bold I was acting. This was all new. But I didn't have time to process any of this.

9 hours, 40 minutes, 23 seconds...

...

5 hours, 25 minutes, 8 seconds.

I managed to find and arrange exactly 120 people to dress up as fake police officers, in a short time too. Thanks to Watari's connections. I could do this. I never disobeyed anyone or any law in my life. This was going to be my first and hopefully, my last. I didn't know what I was suppose to do if I actually managed to get Light out of there. What was suppose to happen next? I had no idea and no plan for the aftermath. But I didn't have any other option. I was running out of time so the only thing I should be focused on right now, was the present.

"After we're there, get into your positions using the map I gave you all. Knock them out and replace them. Simple as that."

Obviously it wasn't going to be simple or easy, and I sucked at giving speeches, or orders like this to be honest. Even though it was through a walkie-talkie. But it didn't matter. This was a gamble. Even a small mistake could ruin our chances of succeeding. We're talking about helping the most wanted murderer of all time, Kira after all.

The odds of this actually working out was 50/50. And if I failed... I don't even want to think about it. I had no other choice but to succeed.

...

9 hours, 30 minutes, 27 seconds.

L had succesfully managed to find so-called "goons" for his escape plan for Light. There were exactly 120 police officers where Light was being held. The only prisoner there also being him. He was being kept in the middle of the wide building, with about 40 fake prison cells surrounding him. He was being captivated in the 34th cell. Looking identical with the other empty ones. Not even a single difference. To L's advantage, he knew that place like the back of his hand. He has been there a number of times because an old enemy of his used to stay there.