Perfect Timing

L's POV

"Light...we have to get out of here..."

We finally managed to get far away from there, and I still can't believe it. We were probably safe here, this place didn't even have any bugs. There was no sign of life in this dusty place. It was abandoned years ago. We were between two buildings, shadows falling onto us. No one could find us here. But we needed to go further away. As far as possible. I didn't know what was next for us. I didn't know if this was the right thing to do, but it felt like it.

...Whenever Light looked at me like that, it always ended up the same. I could feel my cheeks turning red so I quickly broke eye contact with him. But he kept holding onto my hand.

As I was about to tell him we needed to go again, he pulled me towards the dark alley, slowly pinning me to the wall with empty cardboard boxes around us. We just looked at each other without saying anything, with a slight blush on both of our faces. He grabbed my chin with his other hand and glanced at me.

"...Can I kiss you, L?"

I swear...I lightly put my hands on his chest "Why do you always do this in the worst time possible." He slowly got closer to me, whispering into my lips. "I'll take that as a yes." He put his lips against mine. My lips, which became numb from the cold, were suddenly all hot and warm. His mouth against mine, pressing against me and deepening by the second. I held onto his colar, afraid of letting him go. Clinging onto him as he placed his hand onto my cheek. We slowly pulled away from each other, taking in a gulp of air. Catching our breath with our faces all red.

"...Your timing is going to be the end of us, Light." He smirked at me as he moved his hand down to my chest from my cheek.

"We can stop if you want to."

I looked at him without saying a word, still holding onto his colar. I was embarrassed for letting myself give into all this. Again.

He looked down at my hands that were clenching his shirt. "Well, this time I'll be taking that as a no." He said with a small chuckle. Before I knew it, he smashed his lips onto mine. I kissed him back, I've missed this. I missed Light. I threw everything away for this and right now, it felt like the right choice.

SKIP ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER IF YOU'RE UNCOMFY WITH SMUT

I was loosing the ability to think straight again. Having Light this close, being overwhelmed with the need of him. His hands slowly started taking the uniform off, unzipping the heavy gear I had on. I did the same, with the feeling of his mouth on mine, slowly unbuttoning his shirt as I enjoyed the taste of his lips. With a sudden feeling of boldness, I deepened the kiss, showing my needy side after a long time.

He slowly started crouching down, laying me gently down onto the cold ground and getting on top of me. Not letting my lips go, making it harder to breathe. I felt shivers on my back as the cold slowly started getting through my clothes, the only warmth coming from Light's touch.

He steadily let my lips go, looking at me with a soft look in his eyes. We both gasped for air, he kept his eyes straight on mine with his hair dangling in my face. A blush covering his cheeks and ears. His chest peeking through his unbuttoned shirt, mine also exposed with the police uniform laying behind my back like a blanket.

My heart was pounding so fast again. And I could feel Light's breathing getting harder as he came closer. I've never had this with someone before, obviously. I didn't allow myself to. I never had someone look at me like he did. But right now, I didn't care. I knew it was selfish. But right now, I just want to have him all to myself. I owed all this to Light. I always wanted to feel this. With someone. And that someone was him. It has always been him.