Chapter 25

MORE FLUFF UNTIL THE REST OF THE MANGA COMES IN <33

I walked with Mitsuri as she talked about Obanai, even though I wasn't interested in the topic I couldn't just ignore her, plus this could help me get payback, "Oh yeah!" She pulled out a note from her pocket, and I stared at it curiously, "What's that?" She smiled and her face went bright red, "I noticed that I or Obanai can die anytime so I decided I'd confess."

She looked away embarrassed as I smirked, "I have to go to Shinobu!" "Y/N! Don't!" We both ran to Shinobu's estate while Mitsuri cried for me not to tell the whole time when I got there I opened the door and locked it, 'That should give me time.' I ran through the halls of Shinobu's estate hoping to find her soon until I bumped into someone, I let out a few low groans and rubbed my head, "I'm sorry Y/N-Sama." I looked up to see Kanao bowing, "Oh, it's fine, and don't bow it makes me feel embarrassed!"

She smiled and helped me up, Kanao and I are around the same age and often hang out she's really nice and doesn't flip her coin to talk to me so it makes me happy, "Are you looking for Shinobu?" I nodded furiously, "Oh well she's over there." She pointed to a door that seemed to be private, "Thanks!" I ran and opened the door, "Shin-" My eyes widened from the sight before me. "Shinobu? What're you doing?!" I stared in disbelief, she was putting wisteria flower poison into her body. She looked over to me and her eyes widened, "Don't worry it's-" I hugged her, "Why?" When I didn't get an answer and pulled away but still held onto her shoulders, I looked at her to find her looking down with tears streaming down her face, "Sh-" She stopped me and hugged me tightly, "I have to defeat Upper Moon 2." My eyes widened again, "You could train instead!"

She shook her head slightly, "No, this is the only way." I tried to argue but she insisted on it. Before I could protest Mitsuri came inside of the room, 'Y/N! Don't tell!" She whined and went on her knees and gripped onto my haori, "I-" "Please! I'll do anything." I looked over to Shinobu who seemed to hide the poison, I smiled brightly as best as I can, "Tell what?" Mitsuri stopped and looked up at me as her eyes brightened, "Nothing! Wish me luck!" Mitsuri skipped out of the room and I looked over to Shinobu dropping the fake smile I had, "This never happened?" I balled my fists up, "No, I refuse to pretend like this didn't happen. I refuse to sit here and pretend like you didn't poison yourself." Shinobu looked at me with wide eyes, "I don't care how badly you want to beat him, poisoning yourself will not be an option and I refuse to let you think it is. I'm going to take care of you until all of the poison you put into your body is gone, and afterward, we'll both train together to fight Uppermoon 2." She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes and hugged me getting tears onto my haori, "Thanks, Y/N." I smiled softly and then pulled away, "The quicker we get this poison out of your body the faster we can train." She smiled, but this time it was one of those genuine smiles, the real smiles that I love to see from her.