Chapter 32

I woke up to my crow giving me a misson, "Mission in the east, children has been going missing, mostly ages 6-10." I woke up and rubbed my eyes and looked over to Mui who was waking up too. "I got a mission now so I gotta go." Mui looked at me and sat up to kiss me, "Okay be safe, please." I got up and put on my old demon slayer uniform, I also decided to stop by Shinobu's because I didn't go the other day. I walked out of Mui's estate and luckily Shinobu's wasn't too far away. I walked in and went to her office.

She looked up at me and smiled, "Y/n! Nice to see you." I hugged her, "The pleasure is mine! I have a mission and decided to visit you today." She nodded and gave you some bandages incase you needed it. "Thank you, I should go now bye!" She waved bye and I promised to talk to her when I got back..If i got back. I started walking towards the east, I had a great sense of direction so I knew where I was going. It took about half a day since it wasn't that far.

The village was really cool, there were colors everywhere it seemed like they were celebrating something. That could maybe be why children are going missing, I saw parents holding their children close or crying while putting up posters. I walked up to a random lady she looked about in her mid 30's, she was putting up a poster so maybe she knew something, "Hello miss, I'm L/n and I'm apart of the demon slayer corps, do you know any information or whereabouts when your child went missing?" She looked at me I could tell she'd been crying quite a lot. "The last time I saw her was when she went out at night to look for our pet cat, the last time she claimed she had saw her was by the lake."

I could tell she was hurt, a lot and probably didn't believe anything about demons or the demon slayer corps but when you miss someone that badly you'll believe anything. I asked a few more parents and they all said that their child when missing by the lake. I stayed at a udon shop and ate waiting for night to come. I decided to go by the lake at night because that's where the demon seemed to be or near.

It was night so I decided to go out and by the lake, it was a small village so I found where i needed to go pretty fast.

I got there and looked around, I'd probably be mistaken as a child so that would be easier to get the demon out. For a minute everything went quiet, 'It's near.' I gripped onto the handle of my sword, suddenly something lunged towards me causing me to fall back. I got up ignoring the pain in my ankle. I probably sprained it from moving my ankle the wrong way, 'It's okay, I'll be okay.'

I've had a sprained ankle but this hurt more than anything. I looked behind me trying to forget about the pain to see a demon that was tall probably about 5'10, he had 3 eyes and had slashes in his shirt and his pants were barely surviving.

He laughed at me and licked his lips, "So I see you're a demon slayer, you're no use to me.." I rolled my eyes, 'He hasn't eaten in days.' It confused me a bit because what about the children he ate? I shook it off and decided to attack first. I used total concentration and used my tenth form. This form allows me to attack the enemy in a slow painful way, first it started by cutting the enemy with sharp petals. That only they can see, then it injected poison into in the enemy that slowly kills until the enemy gives up. I sliced the demons arm, that's all I needed for it to effect him. He cut my head I held onto my head, it hurt so much but I couldn't give up.

I noticed that whenever I get attacked by this demon my injuries hurt and bleed 10 times more than it usually does. 'Maybe that's his blood demon art.' He walked up to me and looked up and down, "You look so nice.." I tried to kick or bite him but I couldn't move. It was like I was numb, I felt tears swell up in my eyes. "Don't touch me!"  He laughed and held my hand, "All the other children were boring, they weren't sweet. I think you will be though." He tried taking my uniform off but then a rock was thrown at him.

I'm guessing from the surprise he lost concentration and I looked behind me to see a kid, probably 7. I took my sword out and sliced the demons leg off, then the demon cut my legs. I went infront of the kid protecting her and I looked back and smiled, "Go home, I'll be okay." She looked at me with teary eyes and ran home. The demon lunged towards me cutting my arm and I sliced his other arm off.

Now that both his arms were gone I ran towards him and used my 1st form slicing his neck off. I watched it hit the ground and the body slowly disintegrated. I fell on my knees the adrenaline wearing off, feeling all the pain from my injuries. It hurt so much more than it usually hurt, I don't know what his blood demon art was but I'm guessing it had something to do with the pain I was feeling.

I got up and walked to sit on a rock, my crow came down and nudged my arm. "I think I need the kakushi." My crow flew away and I laid down, slowy losing my vision. 'I have to stay awake.' I looked around me to see a pool of blood and a trail from when I was fighting. A few minutes later the kakushi arrived and bandaged me. They were talking to me but I really couldn't make out what they were saying, the last thing I heard was me needing further aid, and something about a serious head injury.