What do you expect?

Rowan Pov:
I can't believe what just happened.
I froze time.
By just a simple order.
My heart started beating really fast and I didn't know what to do.
"I didn't mean it!"
Nothing.
"Please go back to normal?"
Nothing.
"I TAKE IT BACK."
The paparazzi went back to normal, hovering over me and asking me questions. It worked. I took Sabrina's hand and lead her out of the crowd. We started running and they ran after us.
I turned around to them.
"GO AWAY!"
And sure enough they stopped what they were doing and walked back to the car.
"Wow!" Sabrina said, "that actually worked! I guess you just have to be stern."
"No," I say. "You have to be a freaking robot."
"You're not a robot." Sabrina said, unsure.
"Well whatever happened back there would beg to differ!"
"What happened?" She looked at me like I was crazy.
"You may not believe me, but I froze time. I froze time and I'm freaking out Sabrina. I don't feel human! I hate it. I just want to be who I was before I got in that coma. Before I was so stupid for walking out into the middle of the freaking road and almost died. When I was acting and persevering my dream! When I had Peyton. And when I felt actually human!"
The tears started flowing out of my eyes and on to my cheeks. I felt Sabrina's arms wrapped around me and I did the same.

We broke the hug and Sabrina looked at me.
"Rowan I believe you."
"Really?"
"Yes! You would never lie to me. And we'll figure it out, I promise. But right now you need to put it In the back of your mind, okay?"
"I'll try."
"Good! And we are going to sunny side cafe, by the way."
My face brightened.
"Oh! I love their pancakes!"
"I know." she said and flipped her hair.

We walked in to sunny side and Peyton and Bradley were there and had a table. I grabbed Sabrina's shoulder and talked lightly.
"You didn't tell me Peyton was going to be here!"
"I know I wanted you to come."
I deep sighed.
"Sab, I don't like him like that. You need to stop trying to put us on double date!"
She just scoffed.

We were talking and eating for a while until Bradley and Sabrina stood up.
"We're gonna go. But you guys stay here!"
I stood up.
"No not again!"
Sabrina rose her eyebrow.
"Wow I feel really loved, Rowan."
I turn to Peyton, surprised that he just said that. I deep sighed and sat back down.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Row."
"Yeah yeah."

After they left we just sat there, as the awkward air was suffocating the both of us.
"Um Peyton?" I asked trying to start a conversation.
"Rowan."
"I think we both know that it's been a little awkward between us."
"A little?"
"A lot."
"A lot lot."
I clear my throat.
"Right, anyway, I think it's been awkward because we don't really know what we are."
He just rose his eyebrows.
"You know, like, relationship wise? We haven't really talked about it."
"What's there to talk about it? We were never boyfriend and girlfriend, just really good friends. I mean I thought different but, after last night, I guess that's what you thought the whole time."
That hurt.
"What? I never thought that Peyton! Would regular friends just kiss each other? Would they?"
"Well no! But apparently you don't feel the same way as I do towards you!"
"Peyton! I just got out of a coma what do you expect?"
He answered quickly.
"I expected you to wake up and run into my arms and tell me you love me, Rowan. That's what I expected. I wanted it to be the same as when you left."
I deep sighed. I wanted to tell him about the weird things that have happened lately, but I couldn't.
"Peyton, I'm sorry. I'm just going through a lot right now. But I don't want to lose you because I- I need you."
He smiled.
"Well," he stuck out his hand. "Best friends?"
I took it and we shook.
"Best friends."

We left at about twelve and got into his car.
"As my first duty as best friend, I would like to buy you something."
I narrowed my eyebrows at him.
"Like what?"
"Anything."
"Do I have a budget?"
"Well, I only have a ten sooo..."
I punched his arm, "Dork."

When we got there I tried on a bunch of clothes because my closet is really lacking. But all of them were too expensive and I only had five dollars left from breakfast.

We decided to go to a thrift shop down the road. When we walked in the smell was overwhelming.
"Ew it small a like a huge garage sale in here." I said.
"Oh it's not that bad."

I started looking and I found this really cute spongebob shirt that I fell in love with. We decided to buy it and we even had enough money left to buy Peyton a matching one!

We headed back to my house and I played Beyoncé while jamming along with her.
"That's the Rowan I know!" Peyton yelled and I smiled.

When he pulled into my driveway, I gave him a hug again. I don't know why, but I just felt like it needed to be done.
"Thanks for the awesome day Peyton, and for the shirt."
"My pleasure."
We said our goodbyes and I ran into my house.

I said my hellos to my family and sat on the couch. I decided to post my first picture on Instagram since I've been back. It was the one Peyton and I took today in our matching shirts. My caption was "Fun day with this dork💥" After about five minutes, it had about 20,000 likes already and 700 comments. All mostly about reyton.

Suddenly a text buzzed in from Sabrina. It said "Just friends huh?"
I just ignored it because I had a lot more important things on my mind.
++++++
Authors Note:
Yay reyton💗
Next chapter is going to have Rowan get curious about what her parents are hiding!