✾PTSD✾

PTSD:

•The condition may last months or years, with triggers that can bring back memories of the trauma accompanied by intense emotional and physical reactions.

~•~•~•~•~

"Doctor han! What do you think is the problem?", the attending nurse asks.

"His CT scans are clear, but his tests are positive too", Dr Han spoke up fixing his spectacles and scanning the reports once again.

"Then, is the kid pretending to be deaf?", the nurse questioned furrowing her eyebrows.

"I never said that".

"Then!", the nurse spoke up with curiosity killing her.

"It's just the boy's ears aren't responding to any sound stimuli."

"But, you just said his reports are clear", the nurse noticed the change in expression of the doctor.

"I know, I said that. I am trying to validate a reason for his hearing loss, but nothing seems to be fitting. I think his hearing loss is more psychological than physical." Han rubbed his eyes before speaking up again.

"When you encounter something too extreme, your body tries to pull out techniques to trick your pain in an unusual way. And that's exactly what the kid is going through right now." The doctor concluded.

"So, what's the solution, doctor?"

"For now, let's put him in the psychiatric ward and watch closely and then..." His words were cut short when a resident ran into his cabin panting.

"Chief, we have an emergency!". The resident stated in fear.

"what is it?" The chief got up from his chair.

"Chief, the boy is out of control!"

The senior resident along with Dr Han rushed out of the cabin, towards the room in which the boy was held. All of them watched through the glass window into the room.

Kim Taehyung
Age: 12years
Brought to the hospital by cops 3 hours ago.
Suffering from hearing loss after the incident.
Showing signs of PTSD.

One of the residents, read out the patient details as per the routine.

Doctor Han placed his hand on the glass with a face of defeat, unable to think of a solution for the kid inside the room.

The young kid was shivering and screaming on top of his lungs. Unable to correlate the location, he was in. Slapping his ears multiple times and pulling them repeatedly to hear something.

But, the young kid couldn't hear anything.

Dr Han rushed into the room guiding the nurses to hold the boy who was going crazy. He immediately searched for the vein in Tae's elbow, and when he did find it, he injected the midazolam.

Young Tae took sharp breaths, a few times, after which his breathing was under control and stable. His eyes fluttered a bit before he drifted to sleep in the arms of the Chief.

Han lifted the tiny boy in his arms carefully and headed towards the psychiatric ward.

~Amy~