Chapter 36

"Ow, Jayde! That hurt!" A voice behind me yelped.

"Zack?!" I cried, turning to see Zack on the floor, clutching his stomach.

"I'm freakin freezing over here!" Another voice whined behind me.

"Tom?!" I saw him frozen on the floor and shivering.

"Yes! Now can you release me?" He snapped.

"Yes, I do have the ability to release you, but the big question is will I?" I teased, standing over him.

"Aw, come on Jayde. You should unfreeze him." Zack said, getting up off the floor.

"But I don't want to!"

"Jayde, please?" Tom begged.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because you tried to sneak up on me."

"That was Zack's idea!"

"Hey! It was your idea! You were the one who gestured for me to shut up!"

"Well both of you are guilty as far as I am concerned." I shrugged.

"It was Tom's fault!" Zack cried, pointing at a still frozen Tom.

"Dude, shut up!" Tom cried back. I just sighed, going over to my bed and sinking down onto the mattress, but slightly enjoying the chaos before me.

"Zack, Tom! What are you doing here? I thought Jayde was still asleep..." Grace hissed, walking in. Her sentence trailed off as she saw the scene before her.

"Um... I'm up!" I said nervously, raising my hands slightly. Grace just stared around the room silently, trying to figure out what happened. Finally her eyes rested on Tom and she finally cracked.

"Wow, what did you guys do to make Jayde mad?" Grace laughed.

"We tried to sneak up on her." Zack said, looking guiltily at Tom.

"Seriously? I thought she had heightened senses and power." Grace wondered aloud, looking at me now.

"I do." I replied, "They just forgot that small detail temporarily."

"Yeah, and I deeply regret that, 'cause now I feel like I'm stuck in a block of ice!" Tom called out.

"Dude, stop complaining, we know that you are stuck!" Zack said.

"I would stop complaining if Jayde would just let me go." Tom said pointedly to me.

"Why don't you let him go?" Grace asked me.

"I don't want to." I said stubbornly.

"Please Jayde?" Tom begged.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"Please?"

"No, now shut up!"

"...please?"

"Agh! Fine! Here!" I cried, undoing the koald touch.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"I'm not sure if he's more annoying before or now." Zack muttered.

"Ditto." Grace commented quietly.

"Fine, Tom!" I shouted over his stream of gratitude. "Please shut up now."

"Okay!" Tom said brightly, and he stopped.

"Wow Jayde, you have magic powers." Grace exclaimed.

"Yes, I can shoot icy fire from my hands, fly and freeze people." I told her sarcastically.

"No, I meant about Tom. No one has ever been able to shut him up like that before." Grace said in wonder.

"I think it's the fear thing." Zack replied.

"Yeah, but I don't know how long it will last..." I warned them.

"Well, I think we should go tell Nathan and the others that Jayde is awake." Grace said to Tom, who nodded and started to walk out the door.

"Tom, its okay to talk you know!" I called after them. I smiled a bit when I heard a muffled shout of 'Finally!' and another voice cursing.

"Well, what do you want to do now?" Zack asked, making me realise that we were alone.