Chapter 22

Dylan was sparring with Wayland outside near the gates, both of them taking their anger towards Capricorn's decision out on each other. Wayland ducked Dylan's kick, and tapped him on the shoulder, paralysing him.

"Five, three." Wayland said as he un-paralysed Dylan and helped him up.

"Go again." Dylan challenged.

"Three, two, one, aller!" Wayland called, but as soon as 'aller' had left his lips, there was an explosion of silver mist which cleared to reveal a very beaten up Jayde.

"Hey guys, could you do me the favour of taking me to Aqua?" she said in an almost offhand voice, as if she had been commenting on the weather.

"Jayde!" Wayland and Dylan ran to help her, giving her hugs as they set off towards the institute.

"What happened to you?" Dylan asked, taking in all the cuts on her arms, and the bruise on her head.

"I did what you would never be able to. I escaped." Jayde smirked.

"Why aren't you healing?" Wayland said worriedly.

"I received a scratch on the back from one of their gold knives."

"Dylan, we have to get her to Aqua quick." Wayland ordered, both of them took one of Jayde's arms and they started more or less dragging her towards the institute.

"I don't feel too bad. Really!" Jayde tried to say, but her voice became slurred and her head started to droop. They carried her up the stairs and burst into Aquarius' office.

"What is going on here? Oh!" Aquarius exclaimed, understanding immediately.

"She said it was a scratch from a gold dagger, but it's still gold." Dylan told her quickly as she ran to the other room to get the antidote.

"Why does this always happen to me?" Jayde mumbled.

"This will sting." Aquarius warned her as she injected Jayde with silver.

"Damn it!" Jayde cursed as Aquarius injected the contents of the syringe into her shoulder.

"You're free to go now; your cuts will heal in a minute, now that you don't have too much gold."

"Great! Let's go, otherwise I'll end up moving into this office." Jayde said, roughly leading Dylan and Wayland out of the room.

"Yeah, it does seem to becoming a habit of yours." Dylan commented.

"I still don't like you, but I'm too tired to hate you right now."

"Guess that didn't change." Wayland muttered under his breath.

"Where's Daemon?" Jayde asked impatiently. Dylan froze, his body stiffened as she said Daemon's name.

"Probably in his room, he just got back." Wayland answered, but before he could say anything else Jayde was gone.

I hadn't realised that I had missed Daemon so much until the thought had occurred to me. Let's surprise him I thought, picturing his reaction to my sudden appearance. I misted up to him room, turning to silver mist that zoomed up to the fifth floor, slipping right under the door of the second room, and materialising right in front of the bed, but facing the wrong way. I turned around to hear not one, but two gasps as Kat and Daemon sat up, Kat trying to button her shirt up, and Daemon zipping up his pants. I stand frozen in shock as Daemon helps Kat with a necklace that I had given her for her birthday.

"Jayde, babe! How..." Daemon started, but I cut him off.

"Save it Leo. We're through." The temperature was surely below five degrees, because the windows were going translucent.