Chapter 29

As soon as he stepped forward I kicked his calf and slammed his head into the floor, then I ducked as Ava tried to grab the bottle from my hand. I sprayed the gold at Wayland who was still on the floor. The gold had a consistency of flour and Wayland started to choke and cough as the gold settled around him. Then I felt the bottle torn away from my grasp as Ava pointed it at me, and Dylan yanked my hands behind my back.

"D-don't move. Or y-you'll regret it." Ava stuttered.

"How could you Jayde?" Dylan asked as I struggled against his grip.

"Easy. I pointed the bottle at Wayland and I squeezed." I snarled.

"Why did you then? I thought we were your friends." Ava cried, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Why would I leave the Institute if I actually had friends?" I asked, sarcasm basically dripping from my words. "Let me go Dylan, before you end up like Wayland!" I added angrily.

"We were told to bring you back, so I can't exactly let go, can I?" Dylan half-laughed, but he stopped abruptly as the temperature dropped. I wasn't exactly that happy anymore.

"I'll give you one last chance; otherwise Ava will have problems getting back with two dead bodies." I hissed.

"I'm sorry Jayde. We can't." Ava said, with a pained expression.

"Have it your way then." I muttered, and I misted out of Dylan's grip t end up behind him. Ava tried to spray the gold at me, but I stepped back and it hit Dylan in the chest instead. As Dylan tried to brush the gold off himself I picked up the bottle and ran towards a window. By this time there were lots of people looking at us from their cubicles.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am very sorry to disturb you, and I advise you to return to your work while you ignore the supernatural wonders that go on around you." I smirked as more heads turned towards me and Ava as she slowly tried to corner me.

"Jayde! What are you doing?" Ava hissed.

"These people deserve to know about you." I murmured, and I dodged her as she tried to mist behind me. I heard a few gasps from the onlookers, and I bowed. Ava appeared behind me and threw fyre at me. As I dodged the fyre I heard screams and yells as the fyre caught on the carpet and started to spread. Ava ran at me, but I stepped to the side and kicked her across the room.

"One last announcement, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say that I always win, and good bye." I yelled over the noise as someone tried to put out the fyre with a fire extinguisher. All heads turned towards me and I ran at the window, crashing through it and I misted away to Olympus in a small puff of silver.

Dylan woke up with a jump. He sat up and looked around, not knowing where he was and realised that he was in Aqua's office. His chest really hurt, like he had just gotten a sunburn. He heard a groan and saw Wayland sitting up next to him.

"What happened?" Wayland mumbled.

"I can't remember exactly what happened to me, but I remember that Jayde squeezed gold at you." Dylan said, wondering what had happened to himself.

"Then what happened to you?" Wayland asked.

"After Wayland passed out, me and Dylan disabled Jayde. Then she misted behind Dylan, and I accidentally shot gold at Dylan instead of Jayde." Ava filled in as she walked into Aqua's office. Dylan noticed that Ava was scowling, and assumed that she was upset with her friend.

"Oh, damn it! I remember! Jayde! Why did she do that?" Wayland cried in disbelief.

"She seriously hates us! I don't understand why though." Ava said.