Chapter 7

Dylan sat down on the recliner that Jay had just been sitting in. He hadn't known that she would have been up here; he had assumed that it would be a bit emptier too without so many potted plants and the deck chairs. But he had liked what he had seen.

Dylan went through the images of what had just happened in his mind, about seeing Jayde just standing there in her black shorts and camisole that really complemented her legs and body. The frustrating confusion in her eyes as she had shouted at him hiding her sadness from something that was not his to know. But most of all she had told him that she felt butterflies in her stomach whenever she looked at his eyes. This made him feel hopeful for the first time in his stay at the institute, hopeful and even more in love with her than before. Dylan sighed and went back to his dorm and collapsing on his bed, asleep before he had even relaxed.

"Jayde, I think you should rest now. Go to bed and calm down." Ava was standing next to me watching as I attacked a punching bag.

"You don't know what it's like Ava. Every single time we actually make eye contact, I get this weird light feeling in my stomach, and I can't stop it."

"Well I know what it sounds like, you like him don't you?"

"No I don't and if you say anything to anyone especially him about this conversation you will be replacing this punching bag."

"Hey, no need for the threats. I'm just saying that I think you might find it nice if you didn't hate Dylan so much. I think he's actually pretty cool myself, and that's not only my opinion, PC, Wayland, Daemon and Denny agree too."

"I just don't like the fact that everyone including me has to put up with him slowing down the lessons, and no offense to you guys, but you are very bad at your koald touch. I just don't get why he has to come now and change my whole world as I know it."

"Just give the guy some time; you're supposed to be patient."

"I'm a patient hunter, so I normally get to kill the target in the end and all my patience pays off: I always win. But this is one target that annoys me the most, because we all have to focus on him and be patient with him and I can't kill him." I heard a popping noise as the punching bag broke off its chain. Damn!

"Come on, you've already broken the punching bag, so you don't have any reason to stay." Ava pleaded with me. I took in a deep breath.

"That punching bag was new! So if Tarius finds out that you broke it then he won't be happy!" She tried again. I didn't move from where I was standing, trying to catch my breath.

"Jay! It's a minor thing! He's too minor for your concern. You are better than him." She tried once more. I turned to face her, breathing a bit slower now.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so worked up. I'll go to my room now." I sighed.

"Thank you." Ava exhaled.

With that I misted to my room.