Chapter 41

We're coming up to the last few chapters people, so I just want to know if I should write the sequel. Leave a comment below with your thoughts, but I still do not know why anyone would read this stuff... 

___________________________________________________________________________

“Come on! It can’t hurt that much, can it?” I tried to reason.

“I demand you to kiss it better!” Zack said, causing a few laughs. Everyone was walking back to the hotel, all a bit bruised and battered, but more or less in a good mood. All except Zack who was taking the defeat a bit too hard.

“Honey, I don’t think you are that special. And are you sure I hurt you right on the mouth? As I recall, I swept you backwards.”

“Jayde! Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaase?”

“No!” I said firmly, causing Tom and Nathan to cough out the words ‘rejection’ and ‘owned’ while grinning at me. I rolled my eyes as they started to snicker at Zack’s sorry excuse for a puppy dog face.

“Rachel, can you give me a kiss better?” Zack bluffed, turning back to where Rachel was walking with Ben. I slapped him over the head at this. The boy has absolutely no common sense at all. Doesn’t he know? I mean it’s really obvious. I glared at him as he looked around at me.

“Ow! You know if you are jealous then just tell me.” He smirked, putting an arm around me.

“No, I just think that Ben wouldn’t like you very much if you made Rachel do that.” I smirked back, patting his hand that was around my shoulder.

“Jayde!” Ben protested from behind me.

“Oh, please! It’s obvious, so just ask her out already!” I called back, walking a little faster so that they could have a bit of privacy. In my defence I would like to state that that doesn’t mean I didn’t listen.

“Do you really like me?” Rachel was asking Ben, sounding a little startled.

“Um… yeah, like, a lot. Just didn’t know how to tell you.” Ben admitted blushing, looking down at the ground. “I mean, I was going to get you flowers or something.”

“You don’t really have to do that.” Rachel tried to assure him weakly.

“But I thought that you wouldn’t like me or you would think I was really sappy.” Ben said, attempting to excuse himself. “Not that I am, I mean, I’m fine if you are. Wait, I meant that I would like you anyway. No, I… Agh! I’m sorry. I’ll just go now.”

“Hey, if it makes you feel any better then I like you too.” Rachel said, shyly pulling him back gently by the arm.

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“You sure?”

“Ever since I helped you balance that chemical equation from last year.”

“I think I can beat that.”

“You can?”

“Sure. I liked you ever since you asked me to help you find the safety goggles, when you first came here.”

“I can’t believe you found them too.” Rachel said giggling.

“Come here.” I looked back to see Ben tilting Rachel’s chin up to face him, and kiss her softly.

“Aw!” I sighed. This little nerd love is just too cute! I wasn’t the only one who was eavesdropping, as a chorus of cheers erupted from the rest of us, I joined them.